- So, on Thursday afternoon, I could hardly wait to exit the dreaded room #514. I was happy, the sun was shining on my face, and we even made a stop at the pharmacy and Publix before coming home. I was thrilled to be going home to get a hot shower. It's the little things, people. That did not happen. I was tuckered out just from the ride home. I could only crash on the bed for several hours. On Friday, I ventured out (and I did bathe). Because I promised two precious boys that morning in my bedroom, that I would see them walk across the stage for Honor Society that afternoon. And I did. The wall at the back of the gym held me up until I realized I was out of my mind for being there and promptly came straight home. But, I was gettting better. Slowly, getting better.
- And so we did. And it was all fine. It wasn't what I could have pulled off without the drama of a hospital stay, but the food was delicious, we had lots of guests who had fun fellowship, and she had tons of great holiday decor to unwrap. I had a lady come in before I came home from my 'vacation' to dust the furniture and mop the hardwoods. Then mom came over and cleaned a few toilets here and there and did about 84 loads of laundry for me. What a woman. I love the laundry fairy. I had a friend that let me borrow several of her bouquets of daffodils that she had used on Saturday morning for a bible study. I love friends with daffodil bouquets. I decorated in little nitches of time. I'd stay up about half and hour messing around with flowers and tablecoths and pictures and such.....and then go rest in the bed and watch a movie. Same sequence, over and over until Sunday. Thank the Lord that Dish man installed a DVR in my bedroom a couple of weeks ago. I love the dish man with the DVR.
Here's one of the cute little teacups of daffodils......I had them sitting everywhere around the house.
I thought you might enjoy seeing photos from the event. And I would like to show you, but I didn't take any pictures. Horrid, I know. I can show you this, because it's still hanging out on the dining room table. The centerpiece lacked a little to be desired, but the whole kidney drama got in my way. Plus, it's hard to pull together a tablescape that encompasses all her "seasons" -- (Christmas, Easter, Alabama Football, Thanksgiving, Valentines, and Independence Day.) It doesn't look like much here....but it was cute on the table. I will say, it could have been marvelous, had I only had a dose of morphine. :)
- I'm a stickler....even for those I love, it's hard for me to go full force with anything Alabama. So, a footbal with a houndstooth ribbon tied atop was as close to Roll Tide as I could stand to allow. :)
- The bride, she's such a sweetheart. One of the most gentle spirits I know. I babysat her when she was little. And in return, she babysat my children. The cycle of life. And I assume, someday, Tyner Beth will babysit her kids. If the truth were known, I would actually have hosted an all exlusive Crimson Tide/Saban Nation/Woo-Hoo, Yall are great/ party had she asked. I would do it for her. That's how much I think of her....and that's saying a lot. Those of you affiliated with such SEC football allegiances understand completely. And those of you who don't know what the big deal is?---well, move from up north and come to the south and see what it's all about. You'll never leave. And here is that sweetest bride-to-be----with Tyner Beth at her birthday party a couple of years ago. Look at that little grin....she adores Maryalice.
The most important word of all.....LOVE. Who really needs a holiday to express that.....shouldn't we offer it up, every day?
No comments:
Post a Comment