Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Cat tale.........

Here is Tyner Beth's baby stroller....all set up with a baby, not in the stoller mind you, but atop the stroller, in a baby carrier. She had made a double stroller, of sorts. Kids, they are clever sometimes. This is what we used to see ALL THE TIME. Baby dolls and baby things....

So, do you want to see what she's been using as a baby doll replacement?
  • Well, hello there Mr. Jingles! I had no idea you liked strolling.

  • But it appears that you do, because I see you pass by me in the kitchen almost daily.

  • Or, I see you curled up nicely in the baby doll play pen, near my desk area.

Seriously, have you ever seen a cat that will let you do this? It LIKES to be the baby. And lets her tote it around and do whatever......thank the Lord we have no bottles or sippy cups, otherwise, she'd have milk in them or she'd be grinding it's food and making it eat from a baby spoon! Gerber tuna delight....sounds divine.

  • TB arrived in the kitchen yesterday with this bundle. She said, "Momma, look at my baby"...and proceeded to uncover the face of the cat, not a baby doll, which is actually what I thought she had. And she announced that Mr. Jingles loved for her to talk to him...."see, watch, momma"......

  • And if I'm not sitting here right now, low and behold, she turned to Mr. Jingles and started telling him how pretty he was and what a good cat he was, and discussing how he liked being the baby, etc.etc.etc......and Mr. Jingles?
  • He sat there and LISTENED TO EVERY WORD. every. word. And stared up at her, while she talked to him, like she was the grandest thing since catnip. It was like her voice put him in this trance....sure I have often thought, she is so captivating, but still, I had no idea that a finicky feline would be still and cherish her words. I tell you, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. Nothing.
    And by now, I guess you are wondering what's happened to the baby dolls.?...well, they are strowed here and there. You'll find one laying on the rug entering her room where she speedily tossed it out from the playpen, another lays on the staircase where it was booted from the stroller seat, and the one that was previously wrapped snug in a blanket, well, she's seeing the world upside down now, under a chair in our bedroom. etc.etc.etc
But never despair. There is always a back up plan. And I give you another female in the family who, with ever distaste for the feline in the house, has taken quite a liking to the dolls left behind.

  • Now isn't that the sweetest thing ever? Sadie, the little momma. See how sweet and gentle Sadie is, she can soothe a baby too, just like Tyner Beth....

  • oh, but don't worry, she hasn't gone all soft on me....she can still stir up a little grief for the cat, and scare the poop out of him when needed. :) Oh, Tyner Beth, looks like your baby is gonna need a diaper change!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Unknown said...

Can I ask why you would be surprised that Mr. Jingles is the best cat ever? Um, where did you get him? Did you expect anything less?