Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cooking Camp.....

  • Okay, raise your hand if you have been missing seeing the kids whip up something yummy in the kitchen? Oh, good, the 2 of you will be very pleased to see that I haven't forgotten completely about Cooking Camp.....we were just a tad bit busy during the holidays....and apparently, not with cooking!! HA.

    And before that, you know I completely screwed up the original blog I was posting on....how I did that I still don't know......but anyway, there were lots of cooking camp posts on there. Sure you can still go read those posts as well as hundreds of others, but that would be about as fun as chapter books......there are lots of words, but no pictures. Just blank boxes.....where the pictures once were....how sad. And I haven't even tried to check on the cooking blog we set up so we could share the recipes we use with you fine folks. Guess I should put that on my to do list.

So, back to the present topic at hand.....Cooking Camp is back. (applause) Of course with the month long absence, we have chosen to step back in, rather gingerly, and just do something fun this week. So, the kids didn't actually "cook" anything. But they did prepare the cutest little fruit salad snowmen you've ever seen for supper.....using the following ingredients.

  • How can you ever go wrong if a recipe calls for chocolate chips? It's rhetorical, you don't have to answer....you can't change my mind about it anyway....I adore chocolate chips.

Don't you just want one right now? Yum-O. I think they are hoping that these snowmen will help bring on some REAL snow.....but in Alabama that seems like a rather lofty dream.

Oh, she's a cutie....with her matching snowman shirt and her snowgirl "sheesh-ka-bob". However, I must say, her snowman on a stick appears to have seen better days. Maybe she was holding him too close to the heating vent and the meltdown is beginning. Or else, he managed to sneak in the cupboards & get all sauced up on vanilla flavoring while we weren't looking.....at least he had his party hat on.
  • And may I present some more chefs vie-ing for the title of Top Chef. Culinary skills are a high commodity these days.....everyone likes to eat.... And by the way, Walt doesn't have a third lip, or a red kool-aid stain. That is what happens when it's been very cold outside and you have chosen to weather the elements AND simultaneously lick your lower lip + the skin below it....repeatedly, for days.

All the while, your mom and dad continue to remind you NOT to lick. And they rub large amounts of "goop" on it that make it burn.....and you think they do it for fun.....because THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY know anything more about life than you do. I mean, it's your own chapped lip, you know how to help it.....the ever-soothing lick. Yeah, right. Put some carmex on lad....you'll thank me later.

Oh, well, there you have it. Cooking Camp has returned.....and it brought a little chapstick high along with it. :) Maybe next time, we'll delve back into something more ambitious, like a casserole with a side of chicken pox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were quite tasty!

Dad