Yea, so last weekend Temple came home with the Wii thing. Did you catch that? It's January....and he's coming home with gifts. Like, Christmas wasn't just a mere couple of weeks past. In fact, he could have wrapped it up and placed it underneath the Christmas tree, called the kids in and let them pretend we forgot to give it to them 18 days back with the rest of their gifts. Because, hey, I've still got the tree up and everything.
I just looked at him with disdain when he proudly brought his purchase in to surprise the kids. And then, in a childish act of protest, I refused to play the first night they set it up. Okay, I didn't really refuse to play, I was busy doing laundry and had rather read in between the beeps and buzzers of the washer and dryer, so I let the boys (all 3 of them) play it alone.
Well, today the kids are out of school, and Temple is at work. So, I decided to bring out my inner Wii, so to speak. The boys and I have played countless frames of bowling, and I have even beat them, once. I am improving greatly with each throw of the arm, wrist, and shoulder socket. I may become "pro" very soon.
Jealous? Oh, don't be. Fame often comes with a side of pain............Which leads us back to my original question........concerning the elbow replacements, how much do you think that will cost me? And should I just ask Temple to consider a massage appointment as part of the whole "Wii--after Christmas gift special?"
4 comments:
I feel your pain.I have been suffering from "Wii-itis" over the last few days, myself. I feel things hurt I didn't even know I had!But it is great family fun!
So do you have "Wii Butt" as well? After the first marathon day Molly and I had playing Wii (sans kids) both of us had painful right arms and left butt cheeks. We decided to name the latter ailment "Wii Butt" and have laughed about it ever since. Hang in there; it'll work itself out. Enjoy!
Hello there! i have officially become a follower, though I've been checking out your blog for a while! I miss you (obviously, since I've seen you once in who knows how many years)...but I'm glad we have this to keep up. I've finally joined the blogging world too....not sure how good I'll be...so keep in touch! Love you, Jenn
Kimberly, I can hardly move my shoulder from the wii.....that darn thing is brutal. Have you played the CHARGE game on Wii Play? It is a game with a running cow.....so funny!!!
Post a Comment