Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Winter Thoughts.....

So, you know how during these cold winter months, things kind of go neglected. For instance, the kids don't ride their bikes as much, because, hey, it's cold outside. We don't grill out as often, because, hey, it's still cold outside. No backyard, red-check tablecloth picnics.

And of course, Temple doesn't do as much yard work, (which he loves--I think we should have bought stock in Scott's Lawn Fertilizer years ago, at the rate he buys it), anyway, it's not that the lawn is really neglected, but you know, it's dormant now. Unless you have winter rye planted, and it's all lush and green even today. But there's no planting, mulching, fertilizing, etc. that goes on during this season.

Which brings me to my thoughts on this. I realized today what exactly it is that I don't do so much of in the winter season.....you ready for it? Shave my legs. Now, before you get all haughty haute on me, let me plead my case. For some strange reason, (but one I am nonetheless thankful for), my leg hair grows in light blonde and soft. I'm not saying that those facts make it okay for me not to shave so often, but in the winter, without the demands of swimsuits and shorts, I forget. However, today I noticed that it's almost long enough to make some braids.....wouldn't that be ever so attractive?

Look folks, you read it....I forewarned with the "random thought" title, and you continued. I cannot be held responsible for your wasted time. That's all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well aren't you just the luckiest girl around! light blonde AND soft? not fair! :)

Anonymous said...

Bragger

Kim Lawson said...

I'm one of the lucky ones, too! Don't you just love how we are envied! ;)