Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Speaking of Change......

well, as it turns out, it is a historic day at the House of Bowling as well. I am finally getting around to dismantling the Christmas Tree. Oh, don't judge me......don't say you weren't, I heard you.

  • Anyway, so, historically speaking, I think it is safe to say this is the longest we have ever left the tree up. Oh and there also remains feather trees and a leaping moss covered deer on the mantle. :) I put away all the rest of the Christmas decor a couple of weeks ago. In fact, my kitchen is in complete confusion because upon her table is sparkly heart shaped valentine plates atop silver chargers.....and through her opening you still see the Christmas tree.

I am not alone in my tight grip to hold on to the Christmas spirit. Sadie is having a hard time giving up her candy cane toy as well.

  • Alas, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I took to packing away the ornaments today. Basically, it came down to the fact that I was limited in my options of household chores that could be accomplished while watching the scarved people be announced and then parade down the red carpet stairs to embrace the frigid cold. I've said it before, and am not ashamed, I love a good human interest story, when I have the time.

Back to the ornaments being packed away.....so I found this, pictured below, while plucking a few snowmen, shiny glass balls, AU items, santas, and dozens of handmade paper offerings from the children that have been globbed with glitter (is globbed a word? If not, I think it should be.) off the tree.....

  • Why, would you look at that? Another one. What in the Sam Hill? (by the way, do you know Sam Hill?) Anyway....it seems that my boys thought better of my idea to leave Christmas up on over into late January. And they took it upon themselves to try to take down the tree themselves. Boys, boys,....you are gonna have to come up with something better than a half dozen nerf bullets to attack a 14 foot tree adorned with colorful netting and tons of haphazardly placed ornaments. Tsk. Tsk. Have I not raised you better?

  • Change, it's in the water today....apparent whether you drink the kool-aid or not.....and so, I am officially taking down Christmas decorations. Aren't you so proud? Before you comment, remember what your momma always said....."if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all". Or maybe it was...."if you can't say anything nice about someone, call me, and we'll talk about them together." :) No, my momma didn't really say that!

2 comments:

The Cannons said...

That's so funny, we found the long lost darts in our tree too, when I finally took ours down(last weekend).

Anonymous said...

Since you have triumphantly dismantled your tree, could you come and unconfuse my house?