- Whose Bed is it anyway?
- One fine day...(isn't that how all stories begin?)....I arose early and made my way out to milk the cows, slop the hogs, pick the corn, hang the wash on the line and then came back indoors to knead the bread dough, knit a sweater, and mop the floors....all before the children arose. (Okay so, obviously parts of this are a fairytale.... we all know it has been really cold this week, there is no way I was outside hanging clothes on the line....)
Anyway, after I took a much needed shower, to remove the filth and such from all the morning chores, I opened the door to my bedroom and saw this:
- *gasp*---my bed is unmade....oh the horror of it all. (You would think that in between all that other stuff I was doing before the sun rose, I'd have had time to make my bed. )
NO YOU CRAZY FOLKS....forget the dishelved coverings.....look what is IN my bed......that's SADIE. Who, to my knowledge, has NEVER been in our bed before. Ever. But apparently, 'goldilocks' thought today was as good a day as any to try it out. And by the way, she's on Papa Bear's side of the bed. :)
- Sadie: "Hey there....so what's the big deal?....you paid for that big surgery to fix my leg, and now I can leap tall buildings......or big beds.....with a single bound. I saw it, desired it, and acted upon that....so here I am, in your bed. And by the way, the towel around your head, it's a good look for you, I like it."
Now, wait just a minute....here comes that stinkin' cat. Seriously, BOTH of them are on my bed. This is an outrage. I mean just ridiculous. We don't allow animals on the furniture. Sure, the cat has been known to softly walk across a chair or two, but the dog....we don't let dogs on the furniture. Never have. I think Mr. Jingles is giving Sadie bad habits. I knew we should have never agreed to take a cat....they are nothing but trouble. T-R-O-U-B-L-E.
Mr. Jingles: "Wow...you've got a really big mouth....and your breath doesn't smell like spearmint AT ALL, those doggie treats are not working honey....."
Sadie: "Hey, candid camera woman......you might want to think about putting that Nikon down because I'm about to eat this cat....like RIGHT NOW."
And so, I did. I put the camera away. Quickly, before Sadie ate Mr. Jingles. And I also promptly demanded they REMOVE themselves from the bed IMMEDIATELY. Photo shoot was over and this should never be spoken of again....nor should they ever think it okay to get on the bed....again....ever. Because I chastised them really good, and I think they understood. Either that or they just got scared of the towel-headed woman pointing her finger at them screaming "NO, NO!"
And so, I made up my bed....because it looks better when it's made. Then, went back in to the bathroom to remove the towel and dry my hair. All was well, at the House of Bowling. Until I walked back out to find this........ see what I mean?.....T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!
3 comments:
rulebreaker sometimes??? I would think you and Outback have the same motto.. "No Rules"
T5
Good luck keeping the cat off the bed! I'd always let my cats sleep with me before I was married. My precious hubby thought he could stop them once we were married. Guess who won? Jackson is still sleeping in the bed with me. But if you are determined to break Mr. Jingles, try a squirt water bottle. Ours hate to get wet and know what is about to happen once the green squirt bottle comes out. I would assume water guns work just as well - they just don't hold as much water. We NEED lots of water with ours.
You will have better luck with Sadie. Dogs actually care about making their owners happy.
Well, you DID allow Sadie to be bathed and pampered in the Master bath recently, correct? You can't blame her for thinking she had been given the key to the entire room! Ha.
Post a Comment