UPWARD basketball has officially began.....
Rivers had his first basketball game today. They lost, but they played well and I know Rivers had fun. I think he was high scorer for his team with 7 points, but please don't quote me on that.....I did not keep up very well. I was talking to my neighbors for almost the entire game. And on either side of me was the enemy. On my left, a grandmother to Trey, whose family are good friends of ours from Northside. And on my right, the Herrens, very good friends of ours in Berry, whose daughter Hannah was on the opposing team too.It's not so easy having to guard a girl in the game of basketball.....especially when she also happens to be one of your best friends.
Eventually, you get over that fact, and play hard.....and you go after her and forget about the ponytail swishing at the back of her head......and you steal the ball.....
And then break away back down the court for a score.....hopefully.
Like I said, Rivers had a lot of fun playing, even with a loss. A Saturday morning spent on the basketball court with your best friend, Justin, will be fun either way the ball bounces.
1 comment:
It was so great to see pictures of Justin and Hannah!! I sure miss those kids...
Great job, Rivers.. You are an allstar superstar!
Love you,
Aunt Lana
Post a Comment