This conversation with Tyner Beth was too funny to me.....hope you get a chuckle yourself....& above all else I hope you can speak the native language too. :)
While traveling in the car to a basketball game, Tyner Beth started her usual barrage of questions......where they come from? Who the heck knows?
TB: "Hey, Momma, can you speak Chinese?"
Me: "No, Tyner Beth I can't"
TB: "No, I just mean, you know, do you know any words in Chinese?"
Me: "No, I don't think I really know any words in Chinese"
TB: "Oh, well what about Japanese, do you know any words in Japanese?"
Me: "No, baby, I don't think I know any words in Japanese, either?"
TB: "Well, what about........"
and at this point I'm thinking to myself, okay, now I've got her, she's gonna ask if I can speak any Spanish and I'm gonna start rolling out words like crazy...... uno, dos, tres, blanco, rojo, denada, gracias, mi casa su casa, que pasa?....etc.etc.etc. My spanish, it's serious stuff.....I mean, hey, I didn't take two years of it for NADA.
But no, here's her question.....
TB: "Well, what about Kentucky?"
Me: "Did you say Kentucky?"
TB: "Yea, do you know any words in that?"
Me: with a huge smile..."yes, I do, they speak the same language we do, English. So, you know lots of words in Kentucky, too."
I have no idea where youngsters come up with their curious questions....but I love them all....especially the ones that make me laugh inside! However, it may have come from the fact that we have been discussing our upcoming road trip for this spring. We had such a grand time last year on our road trip travels, that we can't wait to go again. We are planning to add more states, that the kids have never visited, to check off the list. One of the states we will be driving through is Kentucky.....so I gues she just wanted to make sure she could speak "Kentucky-ese".
1 comment:
some people would need a translator to understand "kentucky" or "alabama" for that matter!
Post a Comment