- I took all 3 of the kids to the Pediatric Clinic yesterday. They were all feeling puny, and considering the boys had strep just a couple of weeks ago, we were trying to make sure they were over it and not reinfected. We do have spring break coming up soon and we need to all be HEALTHY!
- Thankfully, none of the children tested positive for Strep. The Doctor put Walt on dimetapp for his congestion. Tyner Beth received a prescription for an anitbiotic--Augmentin--for her swollen lymph nodes in her neck. And apparent to all who got a whiff of the nice smell Rivers left lingering in the triage room......he has the stomach bug. So, tylenol, gatorade and crackers were prescribed for him.
All the kids are doing better. Tyner Beth and Walt are fine, really. And after a good night's rest, Rivers is seeming to be on the mend as well. No vomitting since last night. The Doctor even said he could go watch Tyner Beth tonight if he felt like it. No one is supposed to drink after him, but otherwise we should be fine. Just fine and dandy. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE CALL THE SICKNESS HOTLINE AND TELL THEM TO GET OFF MY BACK!!! ENOUGH ALREADY. Sorry, just had to get that out.
And now for my thank you:
Dear Wal-Mart,
I just wanted to take this opportunity to offer my deepest appreciation for your spring collection you have already placed on the shelves. Upon taking my kids to the doctor today, we stopped by one of your stores and purchased some necessary items--groceries, toiletries, cat food and such. But the wonderment of it all, was when I headed to the check out and passed by Aisle 14 . I picked up a nice bright blue spring bowl at Wal-Mart to celebrate my son's weakened condition from the stomach bug. And he was able to immediately put it to use, just a few miles from your parking lot. Shortly after crossing the bridge over the lake. Yippee. (I did wash it out before I posted this photo!) It may possibly go down in history as the best $1.50 I have EVER spent. And again, myself, my car, and my passengers say thanks. Your spring plastic bowl collection, which is so versatile it can be used to hold potato salad, or as a sick child's basin, totally ROCKS.
2 comments:
Smart you for thinking to buy the bowl! That kind of thing is awful to clean up when it happens in a vehicle!
hope your babies feel better soon, and i hope the sickness bug leaves you guys alone for a while!
Post a Comment