It seems that when you are really "special", you are blessed with not one, but two birthday cakes. (Remember I had a caramel birthday cake at Temple's grandmothers.)
And I, my friends, if nothing else, am "special". Or at least that's what my brother used to tell me when I had to ride the "short" bus to enrichment class.......I've always wondered why he said it so funny and smiled as he spoke the word "special".
Anyway, upon returning from our Thanksgiving travels, we also had another round of Thanksgiving Feast with the family.....at my parents. And my sweet mother had also made me this yummy birthday cake to share. It was delicious.....and I say was, because there is only one slice left in the fridge, and Temple has already laid claim to it. Sorry. But you would have loved it....double chocolate fudge cake (3 layers) with caramel & whipped cream & toasted pecans & chocolate shavings.....between each layer. Rich, honey, is not the word. Decadently wealthy like Bill Gates is more or less a better word analogy.I love these handmade gifts the best of all.
3 comments:
Great present!!
Glad you liked the cake, I thought of you when I made one at my house!!
Love the new skin
My B-Day is coming up soon! Think I might could get one of those? Looks so good. That is definitely my weakness...SWEETS!Happy Belated B-Day by the way. Love Ya!
Post a Comment