Sunday, November 23, 2008

SATURDAY SHOWCASE.....

Okay, already. So, I'm a day late with the Saturday Showcase....don't feed me to the wolves. I was getting around to it......even though Saturday has passed.

Today's Topic -- working hard. Yep, you gotta work hard to get good results. We have been fortunate to have a great run in high school football this year---BHS made it to the 2nd round of playoffs this year---something to be jubilant about....it doesn't come around that often.....but that's another post, that will arrive soon, hopefully.

Back to working hard....yeah, so the boys want to be great at football.....they love it. Watching the varsity team this season made them want to work even harder, so that when they arrive at high school to put on the pads and suit up for Friday Night under the lights---they'll be more than ready to give it their all. To help with this aspect, we've explained how they need to eat all their veggies, their meat, etc., and how they need to exercise and 'train' to help their bodies grow to be strong. (It's working pretty good so far.....I'm not saying I've got them eating brussel sprouts yet, but I've convinced them to eat a few things they would have normally turned their nose up to.) (Parents....they are ruthless, sometimes.) ;)

For some reason, I heard one of the french doors slam off the porch and looked to the back yard and saw this....and had to snap a shot through the window. I didn't want to take a chance on going outside to disturb them during their "training" time. Temple suggested they do X-number of sit-ups and X-number of push-ups every day. So, about 1 day a week they remember.......I'm not sure how much that is helping exactly.


"Come on Walt, you can do it"


Well, would you look at that........it's already working.......he's busting out of the knees of his 'britches' just like the INCREDIBLE HULK! Way to go, Walt Man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Wow! Those workouts are really working. You might want to invest in some proper work out attire for those in training. Looks like that salesman you know might could at least give you some samples or somethings.... geezz.

Get that poor baby some clothes.

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious but will pay off....i can't wait to watch them.