The Good Lord.....he performed miracles. He still performs miracles. Sometimes, my mind gets all clouded and I forget that HE still performs miracles. Sure, I, like yourself I'm sure, remember most all the famous ones from the GOOD BOOK.......turning water into wine (nice trick by the way), healing the deaf-lame-lepers-etc., parting the Red Sea, walking on water, raising the dead, and what about the one I taught in Sunday School just a few weeks ago......telling a man to spit in some dirt and then rub it in his eyes and his blindness was cured....that was a doozie too, by the way.
So, earlier this afternoon.....I was minding my own business, driving down the road, singing along to some fantastic 80's music.....and--WHAM! BAM!----I witnessed a miracle. And I went home to get my camera to take some photos because I wasn't sure you would believe me otherwise. Here it is.....in living color.....and the proof isn't in the pudding this time, it's in the pump.
I thought my eyes might be deceiving me, so I drove on through town to my friend's store and lo' and behold....it's true.....it's a MIRACLE. Can you even believe it?
Seriously.....I never thought I'd live to see the day gas fell into the $1 range again. In fact, I just told my sister about 4 or 5 days ago while we were driving to the movies....."if that gas sign shows a $1 something, even if it's just a $1.99.....I'm gonna throw a party!"
So, Karisa, I love you, and I am trying to stay true to my word.......except I have a lot going on right now and can't actually 'throw a party'......although I do love a party, especially the party food.......but this little BLOG PARTY will have to do for now.
Here's your invitation to celebrate with me.......at this internet party I owe my sister......and the MIRACLE the good Lord decided to send our way.
Sure....it doesn't really rank in the top 10----I mean curing illness, disease, casting out demons, feeding 5000 with a loaf of bread a couple of fish, Jonah sitting in the belly of a whale, Daniel petting a bunch of lions all night long......nah, it doesn't do justice to the wonderful, captivating capabilities Jesus can show......but it sure is nice to see!!!
Anyone else excited as me? Then I bet you don't drive a gas guzzler that gets like 2 miles to the gallon. Come on......it's a P.A.R.T.Y. people.......whether you are in your living room, kitchen, or your office at work.....stand up and do the happy dance........I just did. :)
3 comments:
Hey, Big John did a dance while the gas ran into the tank of his truck this morning. I bet the people at Chevron are still talking about it!
I gave a big shout "HALLELUJAH" in T-Town Thurday night when I filled up for under $50!!! I know the attendant thought I was nuts but I just couldn't help it. Yes and by the way, Thank You Lord! So many do need the extra $ this time of year.
How sweet it is! It's down to $1.74here in the Midsouth.
Post a Comment