Friday, November 14, 2008

Savannah's Birthday Party.....or, better known as my children wish we had our own petting zoo...

Birthdays are so great.....I mean, right up until you get as old as me....then you just try to overlook them.....hey, it's just another day on the calendar, right?

Anyway, my sweet niece, Savannah, recently celebrated a big one....a whole decade...she's 10!

And we joined them at her house for a birthday party celebration. Where Tyner Beth had a furry object attached to her arm for like 5 hours. Oh, you think I kid......she dropped it long enough for me to make her wash her hands before we ate lunch and cake....only to pick it up between the hot dog consumption and the blowing out of the candles. And then after the 5th round of "the washing of the hands", she picked it back up again and toted it everywhere she went. I think that included the bathroom trips, if you really wanted to know.

But seriously, I thought the bunny was cute......and then I saw this photo......and thought my little "bunny" is too cute too!! They both have the brownest eyes.


Rivers also enjoyed the friendly animals Uncle Kevin has as "pets" at their home. I snapped this photo too soon......he was all smiles, having a great time showing me tricks he could do with this chicken.......

.............then he realized it was all being documented digitally......so he swapped back to his "I'm so cool, even while holding a chicken" face. Oh, to be a pre-teen again........and take the wisdom I have now back in time with me.........I could possibly take over the world, given the opportunity.

Here's Savannah, getting tickled at our "cha-cha-cha" in the birthday song....a family favorite rendition.
Aunt Karisa knows how to party.....especially when you need just a little more sugar.....what else are birthday parties for? So, one of the birthday activities was to make your own gigantic candy straw. Yep, you fill it up with as many fun colors of sugar as you want. Yippee.
  • My thoughts.......why not just hook 'em up to an IV of Karo Syrup and skip all the mess? Same effect. Oh, but less on the fun. I get it. Really, I do.

Happy Birthday Savannah.......your historical birthday was loads of FUN!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that you are double digits!! Congratulations on a super birthday!!

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Savannah!