Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Field Trip to McWane Center.......

Tyner Beth...ready for take off at the NASA space class she was able to attend......


My little sweetie smiling big at the NASA lab......

Here, she is placing the vials of "liquids and solids" into their correct spot.....I think it's so cute her little face is pushed against the plexi glass for her to be able to see.....she wasn't tall enough to look into her lab through the top glass....too cute.

She and her friends LOVED going to the river, lake and ocean level of McWane Center. They were able to see cool jellyfish, a gigantic eel, tons of fish, turtles, etc.....and this really neat STINGRAY who seems to be smiling at us...... :) hee.hee.
They have a huge plastic fish greeting the entrance to this level.....and she had to climb in so she could be "inside it's belly" like Jonah. ----except she was spit out almost instantly and by the big smile, seemed to enjoy being in the belly of a 'whale'. Of course she wanted to do the bed of nails.......I asked "are you sure?"....she replied, "yes, yes yes".....I then pointed to the sign and with a straight face in a serious tone said....."well, it says there is a 300 pound weight limit...I don't know?".....she looked at me very quizzically and replied..."I think I weigh less than that"......"yea, mom, I weigh A LOT less than that".....it was so funny to see her face knowing her brain was thinking....I can't believe my mom doesn't know that I weigh so little.
Apparently laying on a bed of nails is lots of fun.....she wanted to stand in line to do it again.
A hair raising adventure at the next fun stop was the wind tunnel......see her ribbon and hair blowing around like crazy.......Now you know why........see the windspeed?
My little NASA scientist And a field trip is not complete without a sack lunch sent from school.......a nice hot dog. And she ate two......yum. Yep, nothing beats a good ol' school dog. I don't think I have ever asked for seconds of that in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip!! Learning is always fun!!