Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Grandmama made me a delicious caramel cake for my birthday.......she's 82, I hope I'm still baking cakes and look this good at 82......but I've got a while to go since I'm still only 29. :)
While waiting for all the food to be prepared for our Thanksgiving meal, Walt, Tyner Beth & their cousin Amber decided to play cards. Giggles were heard frequently.


After eating, (no, I do not have any pictures of the scrumptious food we devoured....I was too busy eating it to bother with taking a photo.)....anyway, the hunters headed up to the woods mid-afternoon......I think the men all went to get their tryptophan-induced naps from the turkey.....but the kids had a great time.

Tyner Beth and Amber were ready for an afternoon of hunting too.....although I think Tyner Beth was confused about what she was hunting.....deer are not particularly afraid of a pink-shirted, zebra-vested little girl doing cheers in the wilderness. However, Aunt Elizabeth loves a hug no matter how she's dressed. And later, Tyner Beth had the best time playing "hair dresser"......a game Aunt Elizabeth loves to let her play.
T5 and Grandmama had fun looking at old photographs.....so I took a new one to add to the stack. Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Jackie came over late in the afternoon......sorry I didn't get a good photo of the baby bump progress....but maybe I will soon....Jackie is feeling good and the baby is growing and kicking like crazy.....and we can still hardly wait to hold him/her!!!


Tyner Beth was showing how she can do a really good form push-up (especially for a little girl) and she was even trying to do "clap" push-ups....where you clap in between.....and so, Uncle Jonathan challenged her to try to do "diamond" push-ups. Here he is demostrating his skills....of course this led to a little brotherly competition.....with Temple getting down in the floor to show he could still do "diamond" push-ups too. They are too funny.

Although at first Tyner Beth was unable to do a "diamond" push-up, and Uncle Jonathan had given her a training time and expected her to be able to show him at Christmas her abilities. She had different expectations, and worked hard until she did one.....not the best form, but she did it! And she loved showing off her muscles! :)

Thanksgiving Memories......they are wonderful.....times with family can't be beat, any time of the year. Moments that are perfect, like this photo of Tyner Beth and Grandmama's hands.....moments that make you want to hold on to it all.........forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, Sweet. Did you bring me a pc of that caramel cake???

Anonymous said...

sweet picture of the hands. :)