When we arrived home last night from traveling, the kids all wanted to pile their sleeping bags in the floor of our bedroom. So, they did. When the lights went out, everyone started their usual..."I love you more than you love me."
Rivers, speaking for the group, announced to Temple and I that, "they" (the children) had 3 hearts and therefore, they had more love for us because "we" (the parents) only have 2.
Good logic.....but a big untruth. Despite the higher quantity, our hearts are better equipped to hold a substantial amount of love.......in fact, when talking of our kids, the love is simply spilling out all over from our hearts....it cannot possibly hold it all. So, I announce that we (the parents) win.
Tyner Beth sneaks out of her sleeping bag in the cover of darkness and crawls up my side of the bed to whisper in my ear...."I love you more than infinity and that means I win because there is no end to numbers."
And then she climbed down, traveled around to her Daddy's ear and told him the same. Now, that is something to be thankful for......being loved beyond infinity......who could ask for anything more?
1 comment:
Big words for such a dainty girl..
Post a Comment