Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Work...on my Birthday? You mean, people actually do that?

Yep, apparently there is no such thing as personal birthday holidays. We have George Washington's Birthday on the calendar, why not mine? What, all because he was the first President of the United States........whatever.

So I made it over 30 years of my life without having to work on my birthday......guess it was past time to bite the bullet. My Uncle informed me that he guessed he had worked every birthday of his life since he had joined the workforce over 50 years ago.....and then shook his head at me marveling at the thought of having to WORK on my BIRTHDAY.

Granted, it was only 1/2 a day...that's good. And the even better news is that next year, I won't have to work on my birthday at all......it will fall on Thanksgiving Day. Thank the Lord.

I've had tons of well-wishers call, e-mail, text and such to send birthday wishes. It's so fun. And my sweetheart sent the best one of all......early this morning at work, he sent me a text message that said the usual, Happy Birthday.....and it had "Ecclesiates 4:11". Now you may already know that verse by heart, but it's not a scripture I have stored......not yet.

However, if you look closely over to the photo of Temple and I on the blog, underneath is the scripture I have always held close for us.....and I do have it memorized......and it's Ecclesiates 4:9. Basically, I never guess I looked farther down to verse 11. But I'm so glad my sweetheart did.......because it made my day.

"Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone."~~Ecclesiastes 4:11

And it was so neat, after I received his text, I went to check on the the animals in the clinic that were boarding. I had just put two cute little puppies in a kennel together.......just a few seconds earlier, and now they were all snuggled close together, one with his head propped on his friends back.

Had they not been completely different colors, it would have been very difficult to see where one began and the other ended. They two of them were so happy to be in the same kennel, merged together and savoring the moment.

So, on my birthday today, I am so thankful that I don't have to know the answer to "how can one keep warm alone?" For I have found the love of life that God sent for me......to keep me warm all the rest of my days.

5 comments:

Maryalice said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

Anonymous said...

Too Sweet.... I am sure T5's text ranks closely to my Happy Birthday rendition! No one could EVER top that!!

I Love you and I do hope your day was a fantabulous as YOU are.

LLL

Anonymous said...

Too Sweet.... I am sure T5's text ranks closely to my Happy Birthday rendition! No one could EVER top that!!

I Love you and I do hope your day was a fantabulous as YOU are.

LLL

Kim Lawson said...

Kim, I know I am a tad late, but I wanted to wish you a belated happy birthday! I so hope you had a wonderful b'day even if you did have to work! When I go full time photog business, I am definitely declaring my bday a holiday!!

Thank you so much for checking on me. I so enjoyed your texts and it truly helped me through!

Much love and thanks to you!!

Anonymous said...

happy belated bday! love you!