Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meet The Press..........

Let me introduce you to my latest necklace for this fashion season. Oh, see the pretty color of paper, and that nylon cording and the whole Non-Transferrable boldness of it all......you are jealous. Admit it......You know it.


So, I've been keeping another secret from y'all.....and it does not involve me appearing on an episode of Jerry Springer....thankfully. :) No, that's how people brought about reveals in the 80's or 90's.........we've turned another century since then.....now, they lay it all out on you tube and BLOGGER .....so here it goes.........

.......the secret.......... I've been moonlighting. And you didn't even know it. Don't you feel violated in some way? I mean really....I go from not working since being conceived in 1972 to the point of holding down MULTIPLE jobs. All of which still only encompasses about 10 hours of a work week. So, basically, it takes me a month to create a 40-hour work week. That's so sad. I won't be able to draw social security if my life depends on it.
  • My night job? I've been pretending to be a sports photographer on Friday nights. And apparently I can still function quite well in the pretend world (the voices inside my head help out a lot)........the newspaper person asked me to keep doing it for several weeks in a row. And they published my photos in the paper. With my name attached. Aren't you simply amazed? Me too.
I have this friend at the paper, an actual (as opposed to pretend like myself) sports writer and photographer, who asked me to fill in for him the last few games, as photographer. And why did he choose me? Basically, because he had no other options, and he saw that I owned my own camera. Big whoop. Owning a camera doesn't mean you know how to use it. I offer myself as exhibit A in that argument.
  • But, I did try my best. I had lots of fun. And I enjoyed the sideline view. It's different from being in the stands (in case you didn't already know that little tidbit). But let me say, just becuase I am closer to the action, in no way does that help me figure out what's going on, or who's position is what, or any of that. I did, however, find out a lot about the fact that referees are retards. No offense if you happen to be a referee. But it appeared to me at some moments, that they knew less about the game than I did. That would be a whole other post though....and sadly, I do not have time to waste about zebra officials. Sadly. It's just my own personal policy.
So, because people NEVER look at the by lines on the photos in the paper.......I have scathed by without being noticed. Until now, when I decided to let the whole internet in on the secret. So, let's try to keep it just between the few of us, okay? And if you see me wielding my press pass around like an emmy.....just ignore me.....I'm in my pretend world....having a grand time listening to the voices in my head....who happen to think that blurry pictures of half-bodies of football players with red eyes and after the action has passed shots are FANTASTIC. I love those voices in my head. They are my heroes.
  • And in due time....I plan on showing you a few of those fancy photos that were put into print......and I may even show you the ones that Sports Illustrated wanted, but I declined their offer. I cannot work a full load.....I mean, I am pushing my max with the 10 hours I've been putting in........so SI, get off my back already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm the friend at the paper. To borrow a phrase from my hero broadcaster Paul Harvey...now....the REST of the story.
I hate to rain on your parade, dear, but you're selling yourself way too short.
First, I'm not an "Actual" sports writer and photographer. I'm just a washed-up radio guy who stumbled upon a job at a newspaper in order to draw a measly paycheck. Hence, one of the reasons I asked you to take photos for me (so I could go to job #3).
Second, as I have told you, and several others for that matter, the pics you have taken are far better than any of the 16,483 I have taken since acquiring this job. I asked you because I knew you could do it! Okay, that and you were the only person I felt comfortable asking. But that still means I have faith in you!
C: If every school had people that were as easy to work with as Berry does, my life would be so stress-free! Your willingness to help hasn't gone unnoticed. I, as several others, truly appreciate you. Now if we can just get you to WRITE for the paper, your Pulitzer will be a cinch!
So, with all that said dear readers, don't let her fool you. I really didn't think you were to begin with, but as one of those "retards" that has also been an official, I thought it needed some clarification.
Carry on.

Anonymous said...

I think you should get your own spot in the TR!!! Kim's Korner or Bowling's Bells something catchy for the upcoming Christmas season, Kim's Kreations; maybe you could do a craft section or The Bowling Babble, with this title you could be the local gossip girl; The Bowling Blend; maybe a music critique; oh I could go on..... But one thing I do know for sure... you are one talented multi-tasker, and I am proud to know you and all of your voices as well as the many talents that you do possess.

Love you bunches you wonderful multiple part-time job holder!!