But I survived....with all 6 of my assigned kids, in tact, also with a stop off at the ol' gift shop, even.
Walt loved the top level of McWane that now houses all these really neat train layouts. Temple had a train layout in the basement of our home in Gadsden. And he even has plans for his layout in our basement here, but we haven't finished that room yet. This spark in Walt's eyes should put a fire under Temple's rear to get in gear so the boys can work on it together. :)
And here's a photo (without the flash) of my masterpiece---Picaso, I ain't. But this takes me right back to 7th grade, when all of my binders, notebooks and everything else was scribbled with my name and my friends' names.....swirly letters, hearts, stars...etc.
He's in the "newsroom", practicing his skills as a weatherman. Here you see him giving the national forecast.....
A favorite picture of mine.....Walt with one of his best friends, Ethan. They happen to be only a couple of months apart in age. I can't wait until their senior year and I get to pull out all these funphotos of them growing up together.

I saved this beauty for last.....can you find the fish in this photo? The boys were really excited about the "water" area in McWane. They saw this fish there. It blends in so with the stone bottom floor in this shallow little area of water, you can barely see it. It has camouflaged itself like it would on the ocean floor.
- What's it called? Glad you asked.....you'll never guess....it's called a "FLATFISH". Go figure. heehee. Here's a couple of facts for you from wikipedia about the flatfish, 'cause Lord knows I want you to learn something from this field trip.........Some flatfish are able to change their pigmentation to match the background, in a similar manner to a chameleon. The most obvious characteristic of the flatfish is their asymmetry, with both eyes lying on the same side of the head in the adult fish.
There, now, don't you feel smarter already? So glad you stopped by.....
6 comments:
So glad your are getting to go on all these field trip!! I feel like I get smarter with every reading.
I forgot to sign the first comment.... but I will sign this one.
ROLLLL TIDEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
From one crazy mom to another, I really enjoy your posts. Doesn't life get cooler the older the kiddo's get?
Glad to know that we have a "James Spann" in the making!!! Believe me, until you move to Oklahoma, then Texas....you do not appreciate Mr. Spann as much as you should!
PS...We are missing new recipes on the Bowling Bites blog! Please tell your little chiefs that we need EASY holiday recipes!
Ok, I meant to say chefs, but they are probably great chiefs too! Love, Darlene.
walt looks like a natural holding that mic!
Post a Comment