Thursday, December 25, 2008

Silent Night, Holy Night.......

Yes, I love that song. A Christmas favorite. This weekend while practicing with the children at church for the short Christmas Program they presented on Sunday night, I really studied the words. First off, because there are some hard phrases for younger kids to sing....I'm talking about 5, 6, 7 and 8 year olds.....And even then the older kids from Sunday school may have had a hard time as well. And although it was just precious as they stood in front of the church and offered their voice in song, I doubt very seriously any of them on stage truly understood the meaning behind the words they belted out.

Which is another reason why I was really studying it. I love the phrases located within it, chosen to bring to life that very night, so long ago. Words like these....."Silent Night, Holy Night, Son of God, Love's pure light". Because isn't it the truth.....He is love's pure light.

Have you ever noticed a baby when their mother or father walks into a room....having stepped aside momentarily......what happens? At the first glimpse of their parent, their caregiver, the one who loves them more than anything in the world.....the child's face will automatically just "light" up! (Kind of like back in 1984 when you got that glo-worm for Christmas and you squeezed it!) :):) Seriously, You know what I'm talking about. You have seen it. I know many of you have experienced it firsthand. It is one of the most wonderful sights to see. The love a child holds.....pure love.....pure light in their eyes, showing this love.

That picture is what I have in my head as I read those words in Silent Night. The Savior's sweet face being all lit up.....in fact in one verse it even says..."radiant beams from thy holy face". Radiant beams, indeed.

He is the purest love we will ever know. The purest love we can ever even hope to know. And my prayer is that you know that love......"son of God, love's pure light".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute!