My brother is NOTORIOUS for sometimes buying off brand (translated into the cheapest) food products....specifically in the snack area, such as chips, cokes, dips, cookies, etc.etc.
Like, for example, if we cook hamburgers on the grill and tell him to bring chips and drinks, we must be VERY specific. Otherwise, he's likely to show up with a bag of brightly colored foil with the word POTATO CHIPS written in large print on the front and something orange in a 2 liter bottle that says ORANGE SODA on the outside....or better yet, the brown 2 liter that says COLA.
Occasionally they will also have a piggly wiggly logo on there as well. Now, I'm not knocking "The Pig".....you can buy some good groceries there, but let me just say their chips and drinks do not hold a candle to say some other NAME BRANDS....for just a few pennies more you can buy something that everyone will enjoy like Lays, Ruffles, Golden Flake, Coke, Pepsi, Mt. Dew, Sunkist.
So, this year, I gave him a bag chocked full of TOTALLY NAME BRAND snacks. Family size bags of REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS potato chips.....even fancy flavored ones. Branch out a little....see what life has to offer besides a 78 cent bag of genericness.
Karisa had drawn Temple's name this year. I nicknamed him "Mr. Wikipedia".....because, well, (I'm trying to be nice here) let's just say, he knows a lot of stuff. She gave him a trivia book.....and also said she had a little present in her bag for him that she was certain he needed help in, because he didn't actually know everything.....and here he is laughing it up when he pulls it out.
So, you wanna see what was so dadgum funny........here it is......the "Mom Mood Monitor". To which much laughter was heard by all when he showed the box. Apparently it is this magnet thing that I am supposed to put my thumb on and the color reveals my mood.....then he or the children are to place the appropriate sticker to the magnet to alert the masses.
Geez, sis, I thought the whole idea behind a gag gift was to make the joke be on them....why did you have to go pickin' on me? What'd I ever do? :) Never mind, don't answer that.
And here is the gift Temple gave Kevin...........some lovely hair products. Comb-Thru texturizer and some maximum strength SUPER GRO hair and scalp conditioner......I think we beat Santa to his wish list. He really seemed to like his presents.....and even used some of his pomemade before the night was over.
1 comment:
I sure hope Tim doesn't come across that "Mom Mood Monitor" because I just might find it in my stocking. And it wouldn't even be a gag gift. HAHA
Post a Comment