- Get more organized. For starters, I have a plan in my head where I take one closet, cabinet(s) or junk drawer(s) per week and thoroughly clean out and organize it....we'll see how that goes.
- Join a bible study group, anywhere in my area, during the morning or afternoon or evening of a weekday, a Sunday night study, an online study, form one of our own, whatever I need to do....I miss my Beth Moore Bible Studies with ladies small groups....anyone know of any studies going on right now, or interested in joining with me? Please email with any info you may be willing to share...bowlingfamilymoments@yahoo.com
- Lose weight....well isn't that a clever one. Yep, I came up with that all by myself. Some say I'm a smart cookie, er, that was a bad association, maybe I'm a smart banana instead. :)
- Exercise....more than I have been the past 2 months. Which would have been NEVER. In my defense, or as an excuse, I will lay the blame on Baby Girl's mono and how this illness has had us homebound for much of the last 8 weeks. Except that excuse won't fly very far because I happen to have countless DVD's in my exercise arsenal. And yet, I did not use a single one. Sigh. So, off to make a better mend of exercising in 2010. For health and to help with the previous resolution, we'll say a good goal would be 3-4 times a week. :)
- Diligently read through the Bible in a Year....yes, I've done it before, sometimes it took more than a year, but invariably I always get stuck sometimes in March, often in July or around October.....and get bogged down, behind and frustrated...seriously? That is not the attitude the Lord envisioned when he wrote it all out for us to read. So, this year, I plan to do better. I am also trying to read it through in The Message version as well....just for kicks. I'm using a parallel bible to do so.
- Sleep better. Seems silly, but this is a goal for me.
- Make weekly Family Night a HABIT, not just a once in a blue moon sort of occassion. No, it may not be a certain day every week. No, it may not be last for hours but rather 30 minutes, but whatever it takes, make it happen. It's important, and the kids love togetherness, even if we're unloading the dishwasher together while the cookies bake....
- Be the best wife, mother, friend, that I can be. (This will appear every year I'm afraid, as it is a constant growing/learning process.
- Plant more flowers, shrubs, etc. Hard to think about right now, amidst this cold nap, freezing temps, and forecast of snow, but these goals are for throughout the year, not just January! :)
- Drink more water....ugh. I'd rather have a Mt. Dew. And yes, I know I'm 37, but still....I love the dew.
- Become less insecure. Forget more of what others think and Focus more on what God thinks.
- Quality over quantity....there's much to be said for this fact, in so many areas of our life.
- Save money. Or how about just don't spend as much??? :) That one was for you T-5, a lofty goal for me I'm sure you'd say, but just watch....I'll have my pennies saved before you know it!
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Resolutions....or whatever you want to call them.
Here's my list, or at least the one I've started. Who knows, I'll possibly break a few of these before the spring arrives, but I'm going to give it my best shot anyway. And I'm sure I'll think of others to add to the list....or take the place of those where I failed at miserably! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would have to say I could use all your resolutions for mine! Except the exercise part, change that from 2 months to the last 15 years! I am so lazy! Need to get motivated!!Love ya!
Post a Comment