- Bartering is a medium in which goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods and/or services without a common unit of exchange (without the use of money).
Yesterday we made these lovely chocolate covered pretzel rods to deliver to the fine folks at Children's Hospital that would be a part of Middle Child's surgery team.
In fact, we made many pretzel rods.
And earlier this morning, we used them in a barter system.
We traded our "bag of rods"....... pretzel rods
For this "bag of rods"..... titanium rods
Good trade, huh? That's right folks, Middle Child did AWESOME during his rod removal surgery early this morning.
These are the rods that were in Middle Child's leg since the end of May 2009. If you saw the posts from back then (and you can still go back to the archives and see them now), you would have seen the x-rays that showed these rods in a criss coss pattern right through the point of the break in his femur bone.
The orthopedic surgeon went in this morning through the same incision sites as before, on either side of Middle Child's leg right above the knee, and removed the titanium rods that were located INSIDE his bone marrow inside the femur bone. There will be some bleeding, due to that fact of being inside the bone marrow, and thus there will be a little swelling around the incision area. He will be sore from having to be cut again and from the surgery of removing them ....but all is well.
All is so very well. I cannot thank you enough for your many prayers, calls, emails, comments and texts. We have a few stories to tell of the last 24 hours, but we arose so very bright and early this morning.....and my brain is about to shut itself off, so I must run and get some rest. Thank you, once again. The Lord heard each and every prayer from you....and in our hearts, we could feel them too.
The anesthesiologist group was delighted with the bags of goodies, the nursing staff couldn't wait to put them in the break room for all to share, trying each coconut, toffee, pecan or sprinkled flavored stick, and the surgeon, Dr. D, was very pleased in choosing one from his bag with as he said, "just the right chocolate to bread ratio".....
Yes, today we used the barter sytem and traded edible, attractive, delicious rods for very strong, solid, bone-mending rods .....but that's not all we received in our trade.....we also have a beautiful, healthy young man who can hardly wait to try out his new and improved leg. In due time.
8 comments:
Oh Im so happy that Walt is doing fine !!! I have been thinking of you all day and started to text you for info, but thought I would check here 1st, and I'm glad I did!! I can breath easier now !!!I dont know why, but I have been weapy and worried about that Middle Child!!! Praise God its over with and he will be home later !!!
Take care....I love Y'all !!!
xoxoxox Aunt Joy
God Answers Prayers! Glad all is well with all of you! I've got a rod or 2 of Josh's in the boat, I could trade for one of your pretzel rods.:)
Happy to hear all went well!
so happy to hear things went well!! been thinking about ya'll today
So thankful....will continue to prayer for quick recover and little pain!
So happy that Middle Boy is doing good! and Mommy too... :) As I've said before, "nothing like a Mother's love!" Love you girl!
I'm thrilled to hear everything went so well for him. You were on my mind all day yesterday.That's a relief. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
I'm sorry to hear about Rivers sprain. I know those are really painful. I guess that is the price you pay for having such active tough guys at your house. I'm sure his recovery will be quick as well.
I hope you can get the rest you need, and maybe that margarita! You certainly earned it.
On another note, when are you going to post how to make your amazing looking pretzel rods! WOW! I was thinking about taking something to the L&D nurses when I'm in the hospital this spring-that would be perfect! HELP! ha!
Post a Comment