Wednesday, January 20, 2010

H3



Although KP has posted her thoughts (as she does so graciously every month for us) in the comments section on the Jan. 3rd date, I decided to pull it out so all could see....sometimes I know you may forget to go back and check, and I think these Hebrew words are important to pay attention to....so, here's her comments to share with us for our January verse:

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." ~Proverbs 16:3

  • The word that jumped out to me this time is "commit"- hebrew means 1) to roll, roll away, roll down, roll together. Literally in the verse-"to roll upon Jehovah whatever thou doest" This word gives the picture of something heavy that cannot be carried being rolled...Can't you just envision it? Taking whatever you do, your life decisions, your heavy circumstances, etc and rolling them to the Father's feet.. Him carrying it...and you resting in Him. When we roll whatever we do on Him, we are giving it to Him, we are letting go of our control issues ( I know I have them...) and we are trusting Him, listening to Him, following Him.
Now a couple of things to attend to for you H3 members....

First, thanks to so many of you for joining us this month.  We have several new ladies who are starting out 2010 with our H3 group! Welcome them! And by the way, it's never too late to join. Anyone, anytime, anywhere. Just jump right in, where ever you are, when ever you can, how ever you feel comfortable.  I only remind you that if you are joining us on this scripture journey, please let me know so that I can mail you reminder cards.  You can email me at bowlingfamilymoments@yahoo.com.

Second, I am hoping each of you who have joined H3 (and any others who decide to do so) would also email me your birthday. Please and thank you.  :) 




Third....did you get your reminder card this month?  Are you making an index card (s) to put around you as well? Put them in your car, in your purse, on your bathroom mirror, in your make up bag, use one as a bookmark for whatever you are reading, on your fridge, etc...  Is it helping you learn your verse?  Is this verse helping you begin this new year, this new decade, with God in his proper place....at the forefront of all we are and hope to become? 

Thank you again for joining this journey....

7 comments:

Lana said...

Lana: 10/21 and yes, KP has an exquisite mind and I miss her terribly!

HPES said...

kp 2/26/1988 -the year may be off a little, but the month and date are correct:)

kimberly t. bowling said...

kp...it is clear the Lord did not give you the gift of discernment...the year you posted is way off. But I still love you even if you are no longer remotely close to being around the age suggested..22-ish. ;)

The Cannons said...

12/17/74...I'm thinking next months verse could be like oh...Thou Shalt Not Lie or something to that effect!ha Love you KP:)

HPES said...

Just a small exaggeration! You all should be in agreement with me, because obviously it would make you all about that same age too since we did all graduate around the same time frame! Although that would have made us graduate h.s. at about the ripe old age of 4 or 5!

Lana said...

You may notice that I did NOT put a year. Didn't want to show all you spring chickens up!

Kim Lawson said...

10/16/88