But here it goes anyway...
twenty ten...
the MONO
strikes again
Yep. You don't even have to be well versed in Japanese poetry and you can understand those lines.
I have been feeling tired for a while (but it was the holiday season, wasn't everyone tired?), had a headache for almost a month (but chalked it up to the stress of having a sick little girl and the holiday season), and have complained to T-5 many mornings since my 37th birthday (Thanksgiving day this year) that getting old was REALLY bad....as I would ache every time I pulled myself out of bed.
But last night when we sat at the dinner table and T-5 said my cheeks looked flush, and I added that my lymph node in my neck was swollen and extremely tender, I decided maybe I needed to go seek help from real medical professionals. Honestly, if there wasn't a big event (a post on that to come soon) coming up next week that I need to be really healthy for, I probably would have let things rock on for a while longer....because that's what moms usually do, handle things for everyone else and then worry about yourself, eventually.
So, the doctor swabbed me for strep(just in case) and took some blood to check for the Mono. No strep, thankfully, but confirmed I do have Mono. Lovely. Baby Girl is still recovering from the Mono herself. This should be such fun and a great way to ring in 2010, wouldn't you say? Sarcasm, it's my specialty, especially when I'm tired. Sick and tired. Sick and tired of the Mono.
11 comments:
Isn't Mono the kissing disease??
I am so sorry you have mono. I remember when our son had that in high school. He was playing baseball and couldn't understand why he was so tired and felt so bad. We went to the doctor and found out---MONO. Hope yours in short-lived! War Eagle!
I can't believe IT! I'm so sorry. We'll be praying for you.
Love you,
Mary
I'm so sorry you are sick. You need to listen to the doctor's orders because I'm sure he told you! REST REST REST! I know how hard that is for a mom but it is a must. When came I come help you? Honestly, I can help and would be glad to do it.
Take care!
Love you!
So sorry your sick!! If there is anything Whit or I can do, please let me know! Love you!! Hope you feel better soon...and please, for once, REST!!!
Oh no!! I'm so sorry you're feeling sick now too!! :( Get better soon! Prayers your way from Columbus, Georgia from your fave cousin! xoxo Jenn
UH OH!!!
7th grade for me...YUCKY!!
Call me, but you won't......You BETTER take care of yourself.....I am OLDER and BIGGER so YOU better LISTEN to me. ( that was written in my meanest threatening voice! :)
I Love YOU.
Feel better.
OMG! I can't believe it!! I am so sorry!! Virtual hugs and chicken noodle soup coming your way!!
So sorry you have mono!! i hope you are getting some good rest. thanks so much for your gracious congratulations on the bama win. love you!
Take care of yourself. Hope the mono stops with you.
Love the picture of TB jumping.
Awww..I had no idea !! I hope you have a speedy recovery! I love you!
xoxox Joy
Post a Comment