I try to stay on top of what I want put here on the blog, in our family scrapbook so to speak. So even if I don't have time, rightthisveryminute, to post a happening as it occurs, I usually keep the pictures or the story in the blog and assign it as a "scheduled" post. And I schedule it for a much later date, so that when I have time, I intend to go back in and finish it before posting.
Well, here's what happens if I don't do them soon enough....they get buried under other ideas, and then, WHAM! Six months later, I see this post is about to go out. Sure, the pic of my kids doesn't match the current season, (although Middle Child has been wearing shorts to school since his surgery....even though it's January, don't ask), and obviously it's old news, but it's another part of our living that I want documented.
Oh well. I say there's no time like the present....this time, anyway. So, here's a post that's from way back...last summer, and memories that go even farther back, before Y2K was even a blip on the tech radar, and certainly before blogs were born. :)
Oh well. I say there's no time like the present....this time, anyway. So, here's a post that's from way back...last summer, and memories that go even farther back, before Y2K was even a blip on the tech radar, and certainly before blogs were born. :)
This is Jenny. She was one of my roommates while at Auburn University. We met in a science class, immediately hit it off, and wound up living together in 3 different apartments, over the course of 3 years. Might I add, it was some of the best years of my life....made even better because she was a part of it. Laughter is a big part of our lives.
Jenny came to stay with us for a visit back in August of 2009. Although my kids had not seen her in a couple of years, they fell right back in where they left off....calling her Aunt Jenny, laughing all day, and begging for her attention. They created her a character on our Wii game system. They love it when she pops up on the screen, even now, they will scream, "look, there's Aunt Jenny!!"
Needless to say, we had a wonderful visit, even though broken leg boy was just weeks into his recovery at the time. The saddest part was when it was time for her to leave. I don't know who hated to see her go more, me or the kids. Well, it was me, I do know that, because I was left to entertain the munchkins alone, and they don't think it's nearly as fun when I act silly without Aunt Jenny alongside. :)
Now, another photo I had saved for this post that came from last summer as well. Bunny Bread. Heard of it?
As I mentioned, Jenny and I had a grand time on the campus of AU....a grand time. We made the most of our college career. Being from a different region of the state, I was able to learn so much from her....and her cajun, Mardi Gras, mature, no-nonsense, fiery red headed ways....which I adored. :) Upon her returns back to campus from a holiday at home or a long weekend break, she'd come bearing food gifts for all to enjoy.....like great fresh shrimp. But, one of the best things she brought to our apartment was always Bunny bread.
I know what you're thinking, because the first time she came in with it acting all excited, I was thinking it too.....it's loaf bread. Plain ol' white loaf bread. What's the big deal??? I'll tell you what the big deal is. It was the softest, freshest, tastiest plain ol' white loaf bread I had ever had in my life. The problem was that you could only get it in certain areas. And since leaving college, where I shared a pantry with Jenny, I hadn't had Bunny Bread in over a dozen years....a baker's dozen, even. :)
That was until my husband had a project located in an area that sold Bunny Bread. Nope, it wasn't Jenny's old hometown, but it was close enough (even being in another state) and was situated along the Gulf Coast.....and was full of Bunny Bread in every store. I wish you could have seen me the day I found it....I literally squealed with delight right in aisle 7. Y'all.....it's good. And to have it in the middle of summer, with a ripe, right off the vine, red tomato from my Daddy's garden, and a slathering of mayonaise.....oh, my, you just can't beat it.
So, although this post was long overdue, the message is still the same. I love Bunny Bread. I love my friend Jenny even more. And that's saying a lot, friends. Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
Ohhhh.....now you have made me long for a good ole tomato sandwich. Nothing better. So glad you are getting to cherish your friendship.
Post a Comment