A new year has arrived. A new decade has actually came along with it....wow...a new decade, even. I've said this to many friends and family.......back in the 80's, when someone said 2010, I thought it sounded so FUTURISTIC. Like we'd be living the life of that cartoon, The Jetsons....flying around in our space cars & having robotic maids named Rosie. I don't know about you, but 2010 has arrived and I have neither.
Back then, in the 80's, if choosing, I would have probably opted for the cool space car....now, at this stage in my life, I'd be ever so happy with the robotic maid, forget the aerodynamic flying saucer of a vehicle, give me Rosie any day!! Really....if you are of any age, didn't you think 2010 sounded REALLY FAR INTO THE FUTURE?? Or is it just me?
My mind is small, I'm easily entertained and amused, I think we've established that fact. However, some of that futuristic thinking has come true. Had someone back in the 80's made a cartoon about folks having blogs, (blogs? what the heck is that?), it would have probably seemed as realistic as George working for Spacely Sprockets a few hours a day, while Jane was home trying on her fashions, including all accessories, shoes, purse and such that were applied in an instant with the mere touch of a button. Who knew? Blogs have arrived.
And I am thankful to have this space, this blog, to document parts of our life....because my mind apparently runs out of room quickly at times in there....and I don't want to lose even a smidge of these moments And these monthly scripture verses are great to look back on as well.....so, on to this month's verse to begin 2010.
Everyone usually has good intentions---especially at this time of year. Just to name a few more common ones...losing weight, reading more & watching TV less, joining a bible class or study, a new job, a new approach to finding their mate God has for them, joining a gym, taking a vacation, etc....or maybe they have goals in mind like these.....making fresh starts with people, places, or things, purposing their walks, all their walks, in their careers, family time, bible reading, etc.
I was trying to find a verse that would seem to help with all of that.....in some way....something that would stick, no matter what your resolutions, goals, thoughts, intentions, whatever.....some of HIS words that would stick throughout this year, throughout this fresh, clean slate of growth the Lord has given us.
- "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." ~~Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
That's what HE says in his word, and that's what I'm going to try to do....each new day he gives me this year in 2010, and all the years to come.
Remember, the H3 group would love to have you join us in this journey....no one tests you at the end of the month to see if you really memorized the verse....if I happen to see you in passing I don't stop you on the street and make you recite it to me..... you can't get kicked out because you can't state it without looking at your index card you made.....it's just for us to have an opportunity to draw closer to what the Lord felt was important enough to write in the Good Book. Just a chance for us to Hide His words in our Heart. Hopefully, prayerfully, it's a place for each of us to grow......from each other, from your comments and thoughts, from your experiences and answered prayers. No, you don't have to comment on the blog, if you'd rather you can email me instead. In fact, you don't even have to talk about it at all to me. However, I do just like to know who all is participating so that I can mail you a reminder card each month with the verse written out.
It may be me, it may be you, it may be someone you work with, someone in your family, someone you meet when you join that new gym, whoever, whenever, may need to hear these verses you are learning.....
So, off you go, go learn your verse. And please, if you are joining us, and I DO HOPE YOU ARE, email me (bowlingfamilymoments@yahoo.com) to let me know!
2010, the journey begins.

4 comments:
Hi Kimberly, this is Dana Maxwell. I was so sorry to read about your sorrow and loss. I hope that God will give you His Peace and comfort your soul.
I have been reading your blog and keeping up with all of your "fun family's" activities. Ah, to be young again. You remind me of me, many years ago when my children were the age of yours. So active and into everything (me and the kids!)
Just wanted to let you know I am hear, checking up on you and enjoying your children and all of their activities. I love your blog. Keep up the good work!
And don't you just love my 2 little grandsons? I could just eat them up - the only problem is, they are 12 hours away - very sad!!! I sure miss all of them. They are coming in Feb. and MA and boys will stay for a good long visit. Can't wait!
Talk to you later - BYE!
Love the new skin! Wishes for the happiest of Years to you and all at the HOB
I Love You.
I absolutely love that verse!!!! And i constantly try to remind myself that it is His plan, not mine.....so hard sometimes!!! But through lots of prayer and saying this verse a ton....maybe it will get instilled in this brain of mine!
The word that jumped out to me this time is "commit"- hebrew means 1) to roll, roll away, roll down, roll together. Literally in the verse-"to roll upon Jehovah whatever thou doest" This word gives the picture of something heavy that cannot be carried being rolled...Can't you just envision it? Taking whatever you do, your life decisions, your heavy circumstances, etc and rolling them to the Father's feet.. Him carrying it...and you resting in Him. When we roll whatever we do on Him, we are giving it to Him, we are letting go of our control issues ( I know I have them...) and we are trusting Him, listening to Him, following Him.
Post a Comment