Who, by the way, had no knowledge of the painting, until AFTER it had been done. And then, because I am no good with ladders and such, I left the high spots for him to touch up. I love it when a plan comes together. Hey, that'll teach him to say he doesn't like all the khaki walls, now won't it?
But I completely forgot to post any photos. Forgive me. I know many of you have seen the new paint job, but to appease those who haven't, here's a few shots. Now realize, this is the laundry room. I wasn't a huge risk taker, I started out with a small job, but it's leading to bigger ones, just you wait and see!! Our house may look like Rainbow Brite threw up all over it before long. :)
- The Before...
- The After....
Don't you just love the color??? I do. It reminds me of the beach. I love the beach. I try to remember how much I love the beach while I'm doing the laundry. Because I do not love to do laundry.
T-5 was happy with the color choice, really was happy with the fact that I had painted. I didn't get in any trouble at all. Surprise, surprise. He finished all the trim work, hard to reach over the cabinet spaces, and even hung some art, shelving and a new mirror.
Now, I have to include this little tidbit, because I think it's pretty neat. Do you see that yellow wooden piece of art hanging above the mirror which is above the laundry sink area?Well, my dear husband's folks brought that to us a few months ago, along with a plethora of other items of interest from their attic/closets. Stuff of his from his childhood, high school and college years. Much of it we kept, others, we did not. Hey, if his mama doesn't want it, why would I?
Anyway, the point is this: That piece of art is from his early college days at AUBURN. He had a class in the School of Architecture where they had to take a simple object and make a piece of art in a wood carving.
Can you guess what it is? Before looking at the photo below? I'll give you a hint, there's a reason why I hung it in the laundry room......
Keep thinking hard.........
How about that? Who knew, way back when, we'd have a little place to hang a wood carving of a Tide bottle?? And while yellow is not my favorite color, I just love that piece. It helps make even a boring laundry room feel like home.
7 comments:
that is too cute! makes it alot easier to wash when u washn in that!!
BUG
Beautiful room! My laundry room is in the "unfinished" part of our basement. Out of sight - out of mind.Zelda
FAB job with the color choice, painting and even the ANTIQUE work of art!
Love it all!
Lana
Very Impressed my friend! Not sure I want Alex to Ever know I would even consider painting. I'll let him keep that job but I'm very proud of you my dear!!
lovely! it does remind me of the beach!
Love the color!! It does remind me of the beach and I wouldn't mind doing laundry every day if I could be at the beach while doing it!
love the color...it's similar to what I have in my office, and it's one of my favorite rooms in the house.
Post a Comment