Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, T-5!!

The three Temples..... IV, V, and VIth. (+AK in #4's lap) :)

Over the weekend we traveled to TN to see family (not run marathons, like his sister intended) to celebrate the 40th wedding anniversary of my mother and father-in-law. While there, we were also able to celebrate the birthday of TB and the upcoming birthday of T-5, with lots of good food from here there and everywhere.

Pappy and TB served up some good pancakes and sausage for breakfast on Saturday. This would be a lefty and a righty working together in the kitchen.

We celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary at a nice Italian restaurant before heading to Aunt Elizabeth's to eat that heavenly chocolate mousse she had made. Heavenly....except I'm sure it's a sin eating something that rich. But, the Lord, he forgives. So, we ate. I don't have a photo, I was too full from the meal to even worry with pictures...I just wanted some elastic waisted pants and a nap.


However, I did manage to get these fun pics of our sweet little niece, AK. She, (as the kids always say), is just the "cutest thing in the world". However, being cute is not always what it's cracked up to be. She couldn't have any pasta torrino, or ravioli, or fettucine, or lasagna, or eggplant parmesan, or bread with oil, or ribeye, or chocolate mousse. It's the drawback of being the youngster in the crowd....at a mere 7 months of age, it is frowned upon eating a ribeye from the table.
  • So she did the best she could at the restaurant while the rest of us enjoyed the culinary gift of PASTA.
She is no party pooper. Sure alfredo would have been great, but she made do with a cloth napkin.
And then on Sunday when Nana had fixed a wonderful birthday meal, complete with poundcake and homemade ice cream.....she sat basking in the glow of being "the cutest thing in the world" and sucked on her arm. Which may or may not have been laced with a little ice cream.




But back to my post at hand....just because I have a gazillion pictures of AK from this weekend on my camera and only one of my dear husband doesn't mean I love him any less, on this, his day of birth.

It just means she's cuter than he is at this stage in life. And she doesn't roll her eyes when I pull the ol' Nikon out and start clicking away.

We love you, T-5. And are blessed to call you husband, father, brother, uncle, son, friend. Happy Birthday --- you are the man. The man who makes dreams come true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought i was pretty cute. How about for a B-Day present you bind up these wonderful stories and submit them to a publisher ;)

Thanks for the compliments but a man is only as good as his mate.

Lana said...

Happy Birthday, Temple of Doom!

~LL

I'll get the box ready if you can get her to send them!

The Cannons said...

Happy B-Day from The Cannons.

Kim Lawson said...

Happy Birthday Temple!

I'm with Temple and Lana on the publisher thing!!