But I'm back now. And you'll see photos and hear stories of all sorts of things that happened not only this week, but over the course of the summer, random photos I've found on my camera cards, and just plain items of interest, if only to me. The problem is, we are still running pretty hard at it, gearing up for things of the future. Trying to make the most of our time, as wisely as we can.
Because whether we want it to or not, summer is winding to a close....rather quickly. School is almost upon us again. The morning routine of rising early is lurking over our shoulder, and we don't like it one bit. However, such is life. I guess that's why it's called a season, it's not meant to last a lifetime. Honestly, I couldn't take the heat all year round, unless I lived in a hotel, where I could keep the thermostat set like this for the rest of my life:

Yep, there you have it, my absolute hands down, favorite part of staying overnight in a hotel. Sure my kids love the pool, inside/outside pool, even better....and jumping on the beds, simply because they can....and the elevator riding, and ice machines, and free popcorn and snacks, and fountain drinks flowing freely......blah, blah, blah.
But not me. Give me a thermostat I can control and let me chunk that bad boy down to 60 (at times even 58), with the knowledge that I don't have to pay the power bill.... and I'm happier than Dorothy clicking her red shoes, heading back to Kansas.
But even that short lived kind of happiness came to an end as well when we arrived home again. You see, T5 frowns highly upon me placing our temperature gauge that low here at the House of Bowling. And he also refuses to install an indoor/outdoor pool and a free flowing fountain drink dispenser.
Have you ever? The nerve of some people. Talk to you all again soon....I'm off to find Toto.
3 comments:
I love the way you phrase your thoughts! They always bring a huge smile to my face.
Good thing the kids packed winter clothes!
Glad you had a good time. Is the Drury still standing? JK
Post a Comment