Thursday, August 06, 2009

"Staycation" fun---where the cousins acted like kids in a candy store!

Aunt Karisa was nice enough to buy some "real" goggles for all the kiddos at the pool + some for Kevin and I as well! We looked so cool in our Michael Phelps goggles....and we swam almost as cool as he can too!! :)

The cousins had a blast playing a thousand rounds of Marco Polo, Catergories, and Spider in the pool. And our synchronized swimming routine was pretty excellent as well. I hate you all missed it, really, the Olympics may be contacting us any. day. now.



One morning we set out to see what treats could be found at this fine establishment:

No, we didn't travel all the way to NEW YORK CITY to find some sweet treats....instead, it was just down the road. And boy did they all ever enjoy the candy store.
  • Kids + Candy = instant love

I have a cute story to post later about lollipops.....don't these look so lovely????

Candy is Broken Leg Boy's love language. He was in complete sugar high heaven.
Mom, could we just get one of everything?
And I put in one last photo of how it looked when we were asked about a million times to tighten goggles.....do any other mothers share in this repeated request?? Why oh why can't they just make them easier to adapt to the faces of small kids.
I mean, they can put flexible rods inside the bone marrow of my son's leg, but we can't figure out a better way to make goggles more user friendly??


4 comments:

The Cannons said...

Sugar is my weakness. I'll take one of everything!!

Lana said...

Photo finish!!

Anonymous said...

Way cool lollipop picture. May be one to frame. Kevin

courtney said...

the sweets store looks wonderful! im sure the kids loved it!