Scrumptious MUD PIE, to be exact. I don't know how in the world my kids have managed to live on this earth for so many years and not have experienced the chocolate sensation known as "Mississippi Mud". It's a terrible parental mistake on my part, I know.
However, the guilt was lessened after we made a pan full....and licked the mixing bowl, and the icing pot, and all 6 spatulas and spoons that were used, and then ate as much of the stuff as we could without sending our bodies into diabetic shock.
We even gave away TONS of the stuff, and still managed to have enough for several nights of chocolate overdoses to call our very own!
I found it most funny that my kids kept calling it Mud Pie. ...because it's a lot of chocolate folks, and I must say, at various stages in the baking process, it's looks a lot like MUD. Kind of reminds me of that Mother's Day in the Mud post from the spring.....fun times.....except, this MUD is totally edible, and not at all gross like the other.
Here they are....mixing up the 'mud'.
- Once again, Rivers saw an ingredient that said "chocolate" and smelled like "chocolate" and insisted on tasting it without checking with me first....only to find that UNSWEETENED chocolate is, you know, NOT SWEET!!! But when coupled with a little sugar and butter, it becomes Oh. So. Good.
I know. I know. Almost every single cooking camp post we make includes an egg cracking photo. What can I say....my kids LIVE for the moment when a recipe calls for eggs, to be cracked, by them. And they always inquire of the egg count on the ingredient list...crossing their fingers in hopes that there are a minimum of 3 eggs listed.
Here you will see Rivers has perfected the "one-handed" break....and is eager to show it off to his siblings every time.
Master Marshmallow sprinkler, if you ever need one, she's definitely your gal to call. And she can probably hook you up with some great tasting lip gloss as well.
Then we mixed up the icing. Which took a little too long to thicken up for the guys, so they left me with it to finish on my own. In all honesty, I was fine with that....that meant I had first dibs on licking the spoons!! This is the best chocolate icing....I love it. I wonder if it would work well as a darker lip gloss substitute?
Go on over to HERE and get the recipe, although I'm sure all you fine southern gals (even if you don't live in MS) have this recipe already. I do wish you had some of ours we made. It was fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment