Don't you love the wallpaper Baby Girl made me with one of her doodle apps?
So, my dear T5 surprised me with an iphone for my birthday. That's the good news. The bad news is that I am technologically challenged....the iphone...it's a techno gadget. See my dillema?
Yes, I am probably the last foreigner to arrive at the Planet of iphone, but am glad to be here anyway. I love visiting new and exotic places. Even when I look all touristy and helpless and CANNOT SPEAK THE NATIVE LANGUAGE. Which is where I am, here on Planet iphone.
Lucky for me, I have munchkins that tag along where ever I may go....and the munchkins know how to speak the iphone language. Which was rather alarming at first, as I was unaware my kids were so bilingual. After having it less than 12 hours, Middle Child came running into the kitchen to show me something on the screen. It was playing a video highlight of Auburn's running backs through the years. I threw down my spatula and said, "Middle Boy, where did you get that, how did you do that, did you mess up my phone, oh, we're gonna be in trouble now." To which he replied..."Mama, I just went to youtube and looked it up."
That was my awakening moment, when I realized the iphone was not just for calling honey to say we needed him to stop for milk on the way home. No, Dorothy, we are not in Kansas anymore. It was also the moment I realized I would have to rely on my kids to help me work the darn thing. A sure sign you are getting old. As if I needed anymore signs.
So, here's my question for you....all you savvy little leaders on Planet iphone. Tell me what you've found that's really neat, the stuff that you use often. What apps do you really love? What apps do I really need? The must haves, the fun, the interesting, the FREE ONES :), the games, the secrets, etc. Remember I may be a girl, but I also still love sports, especially college football. I'm clueless to this foreign land and it's language so instead of relying on an 8 year old, I thought I'd reach out to you folks for help. Otherwise my iphone will soon be filled with all manner of dress up Barbie games and doodle pads. With the occasional web page collection of collegiate helmet designs from the 10 year old.
I must say a big thanks to a dear friend who AGES ago, (she was a premier veteran on Planet iphone), let me play on hers, and I found a word game that I loved. She was kind enough to text me it's name, WURDLE. (Thanks Jillian)
Now would be a great time for me to be fingerprinted by the FBI and then go out and commit a crime, rob a bank with no gloves, or what have you. Why? Because I have no skin left on my index finger from rubbing it around as fast as I can on the screen. Seriously. I thought I saw it smoking one night and decided that was enough. Whether I had beaten my high score or not, it was time to put the phone down. Gently, of course. Ever so gently.
No comments:
Post a Comment