Monday, December 14, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

After thinking we had a jump start by getting our big tree up the week of Thanksgiving, I tricked myslef into thinking we were ahead of the game.  Now, it's mid-December, and I still don't have every room decorated!!!  However, here's a sampling of what is already out and about....

Our snowman greeter on the front porch


Glass trees in the dining room


My favorite Nativity Set


Our Living Room




This little Santa suit hangs where else, in the laundry room, of course.

Kitchen Chandelier and Advent Buckets in background


I painted these cute small plates at ALL FIRED UP....a paint your own pottery shop. Each family member has their own and in the extra spot at our table I painted one that says "Friend".




This is my favorite Christmas plate/dish/platter/decoration type thingy.....I love it's southern sentiment!! :)

Maybe if I am unexpectedly alotted more than 24 hours in a day this week I'll get around to posting pics of the kid's trees and such.  Right after I go out and buy some new ornaments for the boys tree....because the sun slap faded their blue ones to a horrid looking grey.  Who knew??  I should have, especially since the sun had also slap faded their curtains the year before. Why would I go spend money on more ornaments to fade this year???  Good question...and it's because during the spring I forced their father to finally mount the blinds in their room....after living with stark morning light in the wee hours, for 5 years.  Just like these Christmas decorations, everything in due time, folks. 

Hey, it makes them appreciate it more, or at least I think that's what their father would say. :)
 

9 comments:

Heather said...

Your home is beautiful!! I love everything, we have such similar tastes!! So glad I found your blog, hope you have a Merry Christmas!

hicksfamilycircus said...

I have a sweet little pewter nativity scene very similar to yours. Shocking we have something similar I know!! wink wink!! everything looks beautiful!!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Michele...thanks, and yes, isn't that odd!! :)

Joy said...

Everything looks so festive and Christmasy. I love the plates you painted. I love to go there. I made an Alabama bowl a few months ago only the Alabama is crooked. It looked great except for that but it has grown on me. Maybe someday one of my grandkids will say to her kids "I remember when MeMe made that and her talking about the crooked letters"!

Charity said...

I love your snowman wreath, you have a lovely home. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

Maryalice said...

Love the snowman! What a great idea.

KimMalk said...

The santa suit in the laundry room is so cute! I've never seen that before.

Totallyscrappy said...

What a sweet snowman to meet me on the porch. :)
Come on over when you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, I still LOVE those glass trees!!! Tell me again where you store your Christmas decor and when you'll be outta town again!!! haha....just kidding of course!!