Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Cake....that tastes as good as it looks.



A few days ago I found these cute Christmas spatulas....aren't they the cutest??  And I had to have them for my kitchen.  It was a need....at least that's how I explained it to T5.  Anyway, those spatulas sparked the desire to begin Christmas baking.  Time has been our enemy...field trips, doctors visits, and the running back and forth of Baby Girl to school....she can only stand to stay a few hours at a time because of her sickness. Mono is a real energy zapper.  So....it's cut into our baking sessions.

However, after looking at the cuteness every day, I could stand it no longer....so we baked something:




Something quick. Something easy.  Something festive.  Something yummy.  Something merry and bright. Something that SCREAMS -- WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!  Do you think we hit the mark on that one? 



And then because all I really wanted to do was use the cute spatulas....and we certainly did not need to eat to all that cake....nor could we ever...it was two boxes of cake mix, people....plus 2 1/2 packages of cream cheese for the icing.

So what to do with all that cake?  We sliced it right up first thing this morning and Baby Girl pretended to be Santa's elf.  She delivered 14 pieces.  What? You didn't get one?  Sorry....take it up with Santa, apparently your name missed the list....and yes, we checked it twice. :)

3 comments:

MOPS said...

Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

pk @ Room Remix

Anything with cream cheese is pretty much a hit with me. So sad that Santa didn't bring me mine :-)

trooppetrie said...

my MIL came down 2 days after Christmas and i made this cake for her except i used regular frosting. she was tickled when she opened it and saw the colors. she had seen my rainbow cake but was not expecting this