Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Snow Buddies....



Sure it was only a dusting....but hey, here in the deep south, we take what we can get of the white stuff.....any amount, any time.  As the old addage states,  beggars can't be choosers....and that applies even to snowfall---depth and duration.

Middle Boy and Baby Girl stared out the window for a while, admiring the view of the white yard before them.  However, they lingered a bit too long on getting all bundled up (I'm certain Northern folks laugh at our thoughts of what designates "frigid" temperatures)....and thus, hey, here in the deep south, the snow, it doesn't last long.  Because in reality....the temperatures aren't really so "frigid". 

It was cold enough that Baby Girl looked at me and said, "Mama, I'm not going to do a snow angel for the picture."  

Just as well....it really would have only been a slushy grass angel at best this time around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it from a Northerner, if you're recovering from not feeling well, scootching around to make a snow angel in ANY temperature is not something to be doing. So, she's pretty wise.

I would rather have your brand of cold than ours.

The Deavours Family said...

I know the feeling...I think it took me longer getting the girls bundled up than the amount of time they were outside in it! But hey it was their FIRST snow...soooo that is all part of it!