Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ornaments from the heart....


                                    

Each month, to all the H3 members, I mail out a small reminder of the scripture we are memorizing.  Just the printed verse on some pretty linen paper with a colorful ribbon attached.  My thoughts are that after a few months, some of these scriptures may be harder to remember over time, but it may help joggle the ol' brain pathways to have a "picture" to go with the words.  The picture being the reminder card. 

Because it is Christmas, I couldn't resist also sending a little something else in the mail this month.  My intention was to paint each and every member (we have 23 who've let me know they were participating with us in this scripture journey--but there is always room for more....so what are you waiting for?....join us!) an ornament at a local paint your own pottery place (All Fired Up).   That would have taken a good bit of time, painting and then waiting to have them fired before I could ship them out. 




Plus, the devil has been wearing me out these last few weeks, most notably with Baby Girl being so sickly, but also because I am certain he doesn't like the thoughts of us H3--Hiding His words in our Hearts.  Reading, studying, talking about and learning the Lord's words gives us an edge....the devil hates it when we get an edge.  But even so, time & energy were not on my side for this project.  So, I had to give in to plan B. 

Such is life....it has taken me a sweet forever to realize that sometimes you just have to roll with it.  Which, thankfully, is where I currently reside....the stage of "just rolling with it".  

I gathered a few boxes of clear ornaments.  Then transformed each, one at a time, with one lady in mind.  Regretfully, I had inquired about their favorite colors too late in the game to get them all matched up.  But I sent what I had made anyway.  (sorry if you didn't receive one that was your favorite color of choice) And I pray they all arrived without being shattered!  :)




They weren't hand painted ornaments, all matchy-matchy like I had envisioned.  But they were heartfelt.  And in the end I liked this idea better.....(God works like that sometimes, making you use your plan B because it was actually his plan A all along).

We are all so very near the same, and yet each unique in our own way.  God made us all....similiar but different. And he adds to us each day....through trials, tribulations, joy, sorrow, peace, mercy, grace, forgiveness, love....the list is endless with the Lord we serve.



You see, with God's hands, we're kind of like these glass ornaments....changed, adorned. 

And I, for one, am enjoying this journey with Him....praying daily to be a little more in His likeness. 

5 comments:

Maryalice said...

I loved my ornament. I have it hanging on my Bama Tree! :D

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Very cute!

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

I did as you had suggested, I put our December Bible verse in a box, gift wrapped it, then added the BEAUTIFUL ornament you sent to us on it. It is the ONLY wrapped Christmas gift in the RV. I am thinking about leaving it out year-round after the holidays. Thank you so much for your beautiful words each month with our verses, and for your beautiful heart! We love you!!!!

The Cannons said...

LOVED mine and it was my favorite color!:)

Tabitha said...

Too cute. You are so good at being crafty.
P.S. I want to play H3. Where do I sign up?