Thursday, April 01, 2010

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Remember a couple of days ago we posted about a GIVEAWAY, for a wonderful devotional book.  It was very exciting....so exciting I can't wait to do another giveaway....maybe we'll make it a monthly post on House of Bowling as well....who knows?!?

Today it was time to pick a winner....and while I personally knew almost every one of the 16 folks who left comments, and I'd love to give them as well as the ones I don't know, one of these books, that just wasn't possible.  I could't choose between friends/readers so the easiest way was to randomly draw. 

We pulled out our fancy random drawing mechanism.....making 16 slips of paper,


folding them up all nice and tight and placing them in fancy holder.....


And I called in a RANDOM helper to do the RANDOM drawing....well, RANDOMLY. 
See, she's holding the winning number in her hand.....

(I thought it would make it easier for you not to be mad about not winning if you saw the RANDOM helpers cute face with the disappointing news).....


That's right, #1 in the comments, the first commenter,  jtwelch , YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!  Can you even believe it???  I couldn't.  I kept thinking to myself....of all these giveaways I've seen in blog world, even with those high tech random interger computer tech thingies....#1 never shows up.....but this time it did!!

And for all of you who entered, sorry you didn't win, but remember there's always next time---you just never know when next time may pop up!! :)

4 comments:

The Cannons said...

Congrats jtwelch! And thanks Kimbo for giving as you always do. You are such a "cheerful giver"! Love ya.:)

jtwelch said...

Yippee! I am so happy I won. The kids and I are really going to enjoy our new devotional book. Your the best! :)

Lana said...

Congrats, #1

Beth said...

Congrats to the winner! Thanks Kim for the great book idea - I plan on getting this for my classroom asap :)