Monday, April 26, 2010

Field Trip with The Middle Child = Road Trip Fun

The Middle Child and I ventured out bright and early one morning last week to catch a ride on the charter bus for his field trip to Chattanooga, TN.  Making stops at Ruby Falls, touring the caverns, watching an imax movie and finishing the day at the Chattanooga Aquarium.  Always a favorite.  Every time I go, I'm amazed at the creatures swimming in the waters made by the hands of our God. 

Some favorites from the trip:

  • the cool air inside the cave
  •  the fun names they give the stalagtite and stalagmite creations....you'll see a "chandelier" in the pics
  •  the sound of the falls, named Ruby for the explorer's wife, water splashing down is just a unique sound
  • my group of boys during the trip...they were so energetic!
  • the miniature seahorses that were hanging onto a blade of grass....a blade of grass, folks, now that's small
  • sea nettles...beautiful, but hope I never encounter one while swimming in the sea!
  • touching the stingrays and sharks--cool
  • big huge sea turtles and spiky tortoises
  • hearing the children giggle when they caught a butterfly on their finger
  • watching the butterflies have a snack
  • leopard print and polka dot sting rays.....NEVER seen these  before....SO COOL....especially as I have such a love affair with all things polka dotted!!  If you've never seen them before, you'll be amazed too.  God makes some real beauties....they are extremely poisonous, much more so than the regular looking stingrays, but their pattern is gorgeous!!
Enjoy the few pics from our road trip fun:









I told you.....they are truly unique looking, huh? 

2 comments:

Joy said...

Love the classic Ruby Falls pic.

Lana said...

Great pictures!