Thursday, April 08, 2010

A surprise in my Easter basket....from the one and only BUNNY.

Okay, so I really didn't have an Easter basket...I guess I'm too old to keep sitting mine out in hopes the bunny will fill it.  But a girl can still dream, of Reese's eggs and pink sugar coated peeps, right? 

Anyway, I did get a little surprise though, without even needing an Easter basket. And it all started a few weeks ago when I received a letter in the mail....the REAL mail....there's just nothing like opening a letter, on paper, and holding it in your hands to read.  Even just  few short sentences can make my day.  The note was from a friend, a friend as you can see below, who has exceptional penmanship.  She always has....even when we were mere youngsters writing notes back and forth in Mrs. Deal's social studies class. :)




But look!!  There was more....not just a pretty handwritten letter....COUPONS!!  


She actually sent these coupons plus some for Chuck E. Cheese, because she knows my kids enjoy spending those little gold tokens for some cheap plastic toys like there's no tomorrow.   I was way more excited about these Bunny Bread coupons....why, I've never even seen any coupons for it because it's not sold in any of my local stores.  But, never fear, I knew where it was sold....and I knew exactly who I could call to get me some.....my lovely sister.

I promptly mailed her the coupons with a much shorter note, in fact all it said was:  "You know what to do."

So on Easter weekend, she arrived in town with my goodies in tow.....a fresh loaf of bunny bread, a package of buns, and a yummy bag of bunny rolls. 


Now you tell me, what could be better than a friend who thinks of you while she clips coupons (THANK YOU), a big sister that will buy your groceries and deliver them to your door (THANK YOU), and some BUNNY bread for Easter?

3 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

:) I sure do love you!

carissa said...

my aunt and grandma aren't couponers, but they clip coupons each week and mail them to me! it's like receiving free money in your mailbox! so glad you enjoy getting them as much as i do! : )

Courtney said...

everytime i see this post, i just marvel over that beautiful handwriting!!!