Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The post where I may give you TMI....(too much information)

At the first of the year I posted several resolutions for this year.  Some I have been diligent with, others, not so much.  

But I'm trying to do better, really I am.  Which leads me to this post, where I make remarks about those resolutions, some points of interest I have learned and my love/hate relationship within them. Specifically the resolution to lose weight, eat healthier and become more fit overall. Hold on, here we go.

I have scoured the back of my Triscuit boxes, various nutritional guidelines online, a few posters set up in the fast food joints, etc.etc.

Do you know what I've found out?  Brace yourselves, it may be somewhat of a new revelation for you.....or not.

  • McDonald's french fries and Krispy Kreme doughnuts are not located in any of the major food groups on the Food Pyramid.

SHOCKING, I know.  So, therefore, I've had to rein in my love affair with these two evil demons. 

To couple pain with the misery of no more HOT! NOW! glazed goodness, I also joined a gym.

You know, a gym.  Or you may recognize it by it's other name, THE TORTURE CHAMBER.

I also have a good friend who's a personal trainer....she looks HOT....and she was nice enough to compile me a proper workout plan.  Or at least I thought she was being nice, but alas, when I saw the plan, and then further upon implementing the plan, I've decided she might not be so nice afterall.  Clearly it would be hard to be nice when you work in THE TORTURE CHAMBER.

I had a leg workout earlier this week that literally left me near tears the following day.  It involved squats and leg presses, and abductor lifts, and lunges, and more lunges, and yet even more lunges WITH WEIGHTS!! I can't really talk about it much more or else I may burst into tears again just from the nightmares alone.  However, and here's where the TMI may come in to play, I feel you need to hear it in order to understand the beat down I took for this workout regimen.  I texted her the following day with this message:

  • "Today's Update:  I'm learning to pee standing up because it hurts too bad to squat on the toilet. In other words, thanks."

So, if in recent days or possibly in the future, you see me enter the restroom doorway titled "MEN"....now you will know why.  Think nothing of it, and don't tell people I've finally lost my mind....that was gone a long time ago, now I'm just trying to lose these leftover doughnut hips and if using a urinal is what it takes, so be it. :)

6 comments:

The Cannons said...

Girl you are SO crazy!! I pee anytime, anywhere, anyways...with or without working out. The bladder is gone!!!heehee TMI I know!!:) KK is SO HARD to give up. Been to TTown 2x this week and bypassed KK BOTH times!! YAY ME!!

Lana said...

Wow!! A gym and a personal trainer....I am impressed.

I still contend that exercise is not biblical: hence ~For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” 1 Timothy 4:8...

Just kidding.

Press forward and fight, I mean lunge the good fight.

Lana

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Best laugh I have had all day.

Kim Lawson said...

You are too much!! I so shouldn't have read this while driving!!

carissa said...

bahaha! you make me laugh!!! just remember... the torture chamber will pay off!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Kim! You're too funny! I do know that feeling though... the one where you can't sit down. Keep it up and it will pay off big time! My hubby and I have been doing P90X since October and we are very pleased with our results so far! I'm addicted! We get up in the morning before this kiddos and work out to our hearts content. :) I actually have definition in my arms now and I'm most excited about that! For me, sticking to the nutrition plan has been the hardest, but when I do... that's when I can see the best results! Keep up the hard work!