Yea...try shoving all that in the back and closing the gate real fast. It ain't easy, but I think we had better gas mileage with the extra flotation. Plus, we can entertain Walt with squeaky voices for about a month with all that helium!! :)
And here's my little man departing Children's Hospital. He was glad to get home. A little scared of what lies ahead, but home is still home. And nothing, I mean nothing, beats it.
He's had lots of visitors and calls. And has made lots of requests, most of which have been granted by various family members and family friends. He's taken quite a liking to the whole, "ask and ye shall receive" policy that came with a broken femur. I'll have to post photos of all that entails later.
Walt is still doing remarkably well, I think, for someone who had surgery just a few days ago. Today has probably been his worst day yet. The movement, for getting up for the bathroom or to be moved to his wheelchair and then back to the bed, is painful. And his little body is just wore out.
So, we opted to just wash him down as best we could, forget shampooing his head, and call it a night. I have been telling everyone his surgical site looked like --"two small holes on either side of his knee, he won't have any big incisions". Although, I had yet to see the site, as we weren't to unwrap it until today. But still, I thought that was how the surgical resident had explained it to me. Apparently, I wasn't listening well or I shouldn't have listened to what the resident said anyway! :)
- Hey, there's always tomorrow. Baby steps. It's a long road to recovery, and nobody said he had to have clean hair to get there! :)
4 comments:
Glad you are all home. As each day passes, he will get stronger and will be back to doing the things he loves in no time at all.
Baby steps. You are exactly right.
There definitely is no place like home! We'll continute to remember each of you in our prayers.
Please tell Walt we are praying for him. Bless you for being so wonderful! Love you all, Mary
Post a Comment