Friday, June 12, 2009

We survived another season of baseball....


Last night was the last time I was "scheduled" to be at the ball park....and I couldn't be happier about that fact. This has been a long season....and with the wake of recent weeks events, the logistics of everything involved has made it even harder.

I still L.O.V.E. to watch my boys play ball, but everyone needs a break now and then from yelling at the umpires. I was able to snap this nice shot of my sweet boy, the one without a broken leg, who has had an OUTSTANDING batting average this season. He has been lead off batter and played 3rd base all year. I haven't checked the books, but I'm pretty sure he's batting close to .700 this season. He was robbed of a great shot last night....but I must give kudos to the awesome diving catch the opposing team's shortstop made....although I wanted him to drop it, badly. :)

But I did get this pic of him right when he was contemplating stealing home....and moments later, a pass ball got by the catcher, and he no longer stood on the baseline contemplating.....he slide safely into home. Yahoo.

And that my friends is what I'm contemplating doing right this very minute, myself....sliding safely into home. This week has been hard. There have been too many factors in my equation and math is not my strong suit anyway!! Gymnastics camp, Football camp, Temple's projects, and keeping up with broke leg boy.....

....but it's Friday, and that means I survived. And that means we are finished with a plethora of outside activities, and thus, home is the place to be. Oh sure, I'll have pictures up sometime to show you all these outings....eventually.

This morning I was allowed the luxury of seeing the Lord bring about another beautiful sunrise. But not by my choosing, exactly. I didn't have my alarm set at 4:30am for it, I assure you of that. However, the Lord saw differently, and I was blessed. The "patient" has had several nights this week of very fitful sleep. He has been doing a little more activity each day, and with that has come many a night of discomfort. But he's still on the mend. We're on the up side of things, and for that, this mornings sunrise and so much else, I am grateful.

Maybe you've had a tough week, too. If so, I hope you can see the sunrise some morning, the beautiful sunrise made by our Creator, who loves us all so dearly.
And here's a Friday quote for you to take into the weekend:
  • "Keep your face to the SUNSHINE and you cannot see the shadows." ~Helen Keller

2 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Thanks for this beautiful post. I so needed it!

Lana said...

Me too.