Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nobody told me it was a different version of TWISTER....

So, a few weekends ago, all the cousins were at the house. The boys were taking turns entertaining broken leg boy....who had just returned home from surgery. I had not seen the girls in a while, and asked, in a state of ponder, what they might be doing. To which, one of the boys replied,

"oh, they're upstairs playing TWISTER."


Briefly, I reminisced about the good ol' days when my much younger body would allow me to have my right hand on green and my left foot on red, while spinning for an elbow to go on blue.....and then I realized that just thinking about it was beginning to give me a slight back ache.

Did you know, apparently, the brain can send out red alert warnings to the muscles to start acting like they are hurting already, so that you won't convince yourself to do something stupid. For instance, there were messages being sent fast and furiously through my central nervous system relaying the thought that it most definitely was not a good idea to try that silly little kids game. Ever again. Ever.


Anyway, turns out the girls may have been playing the milton bradley version before, but they had apparently come up with a new and improved 2009 edition. However, I don't think it's going to be the top seller in Sear's Christmas Wish Book this year.

Somehow, twisting your hair and tying it in knots with the person beside you doesn't sound like it will be winning "game of the year". Maybe it's just me.....but I'm thinking their might be some discrimination issues to deal with...... boys would feel very left out, as would girls with short cuts, and think the lawsuits for those with split ends and breakage issues, etc. etc.


I must say it was loads of fun watching them maneuver up and down the staircase, around the furniture and hallways. And I thoroughly enjoyed listening to them giggle.....just like a bunch of school girls, because, hello, they are. :)

Knotting your hair up with your cousins.....doesn't that sound like fun? Now, I think my hair is starting to hurt.......must be my brain acting up again.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Reminds me of a time when I was riding in the back seat of a popular land yacht, I "rolled" a green bristle brush in my long, thick hair. Not a smart way to play "Twister" back in the 70's. Maybe you could pass this idea onto the little school girls! I remember my mama having LOADS of fun untwisting my twisted mess!

~Lana