Thursday, June 04, 2009

I could really use a large fry right now...

A few weeks back, or it could have been months, with the way my memory is fashioned, 10 years seems like a blink of an eye, so who knows.

But anyway, TB and I were in the car driving home from gymnastics. We passed a very popular, I guess you could say the MOST popular, fast food restaurant known globally. And I'm sure you know it well yourself.

Especially if you've ever had small munchkins strapped in carseats who want a happy meal and then DEMAND they receive the proper toy. Not for the wonderful nutrition (HA) the meal provides but for the satisfaction of receiving some really cheap "prize".

You know that great, wonderful, plastic piece of junk that provides about 42 whole seconds of sheer exhilaration.....and then it gets lost somewhere in the car, along with a handful of fries and a half eaten mcnugget.

That little rant has nothing to do with this story, it was just in my head, and happened to escape out while I typed. So, back to present time. I said to TB,
  • "You know what those are... those are called the "golden arches".

TB: "Why? We just call it McDonald's."


  • "I know, but it's just a saying that is common all over the world, if you say golden arches, people automatically know what you are talking about. See, look at the "M" in the sky, the curved shapes are like arches and golden just refers to the color. Do you get it?"

TB: "Yea, I get it but...............it's just that, well, it looks like yellow backbends to me."

4 comments:

Joy said...

Too funny......these are the things you will so glad you remember someday.

Lana said...

Spoken like a true gymnast!! Gotta love it!

The Cannons said...

McDonalds fries and a Krispy Kreme doughnut, "these are a few of my favorite things!"

Kim Lawson said...

Precious!!