- Rivers' birthday always seems to fall during our Spring Break Road Trips. Which means, he doesn't get to pick what he wants me to cook for his "birthday meal", he gets to choose where we eat on the road. However, the birthday menu of choice is a tradition we stick to, whenever we get back home. So, we're a couple weeks late, but tonight he ate his birthday meal of London Broil on buttered rolls, salad, corn on the cob, and baked beans. And for dessert, he ordered.....Red Velvet Cookies!!
Part of their birthday dessert treat is getting to help me make it. Alone. Unhindered by other siblings who always want to be the one to crack all the eggs. Because, egg-cracking is an activity they will fight for around this house. I'm thinking of blowing all caution to the wind one day and not having a care for government bail-outs and economic woes......you know what I'm gonna do......I'm planning on buying them each their own dozen eggs to crack, at will. Because I'm a big spender like that.
Back to baking.....so, we whipped up some red velvet cookies and Rivers made a batch of red velvet icing....yum-o.
Walt said this masterpiece reminded him of those new Oreo cakesters....except better. I agree. Except you know what's better than one little red velvet sandwich cookie?
A whole bunch of them. Waiting for you. Calling your name.
Click HERE to be taken to the House of Bowling blog for the Red Velvet Cookie recipe. Because if you plan on staying up late sewing a new calico dress for Ma Ingalls, you're gonna need a batch of these cookies.
2 comments:
Looks yummy!I call them red velvet whoopie pies.Yummy!!
I had the pleasure of eating one last night and it was really yummy! Thanks!
Post a Comment