Friday, June 03, 2011

To trust brings peace.

Back in 2009, when I began H3, I wondered when I would use this verse. It is one of my all time favorites (okay, really I have a lot of all time favorites…what can I say, it’s a good book!) I kept putting it off, not like when you “put off” mopping the floors, but “put off” kind of like when you think something is special and you want to save it for just the right time.

Then I decided it was silly to wait for the right time….God’s time is always the right time….so why not use it today?

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart
 and lean not on your own understanding”

~Proverbs 3:5

How easy is that? Trust someone else, not just what you know….um, yeah, not easy if you think of trust in worldly terms. But we have to think on a much larger scale....trusting the One who created the world. It can still be hard, we often get caught up in praying for God to help out in a situation, when really we still have our minds closed to what He may be telling us.  All because we think we understand it ourselves. We don't. Very often when we try to "lean on" our own understanding, we fall flat on our face.

Trust, honest trust in the Lord, is what carries us through.  And as I titled this post, to trust brings peace. But it's not always an easy road. However, it's the right road if God is on it.  I recently read in a Max Lucado book, "Peace is promised to the one who fixes his thoughts and desires on the King."

Fix your thoughts and desires on Him today.  Trust in Him and His will.  Peace follows. 

It really is that simple....we humans just make it hard with all our warped ideas (please tell me I'm not the only one who has some warped ideas that God has to set straight :). 

Again, "lean" not on ourselves....God is there to provide all the foundation we need. 

(And by the way, you better learn this verse....it's a foundation for next month's scripture!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe this month was perfect timing...at least for it to really speak to me! For some reason, trusting these last couple months has been difficult..not necessarily in the Lord but in Humans. But what I need to realize is that the Lord brings people into our lives for reasons and to trust in Him that He means good in all situations, even the ones that make no sense!!!