Today we celebrate our anniversary. Fifteen years. It's our special anniversary, that will only happen once, where the amount of years wed matches up with the date you were wed. 15 on the 15th. Wow. It's been an amazing adventure.
So, let's take a stroll down memory lane, 15 years ago today:
I walked down the aisle, latched onto my father, to meet the man of my dreams.
We recited our vows as well as a selection from the book of Ruth....and I could not stop smiling.
We became a Mr. and Mrs. (oh my lands!-- we look so young)
Whoever said you couldn't have your cake and eat it to?
Yes, Cinderella, dreams really do come true.
To my beloved, thank you for the most wonderful 15 years a girl could ever hope to have. On this day, standing barefoot beside you wearing the big white dress and an enormous smile, I believed in my heart that I loved you with all that I had in me....but I was wrong, I loved you even more then and still more today.
I have but one thing left to say:
"Entreat me not to leave you,
or to turn back from following after you;
For wherever you go, I will go;
and wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
and your God, my God.
Where you die, I will die,
and there will I be buried.
The Lord do so to me, and more also,
if anything but death parts you and me."
~Ruth 1:16-17





5 comments:
How poetic. And yes, it was a HOT day! But a beautiful day, nonetheless. Love you and the doom!
Lana
Happy Anniversary! I WAS THERE.....waving a big palm branch over the food table!It was a great day.
Happy Anniversary!!! Yep...it was a pretty hot day....but such a beautiful one !
xoxo Joy
Its your GOLDEN YEAR! This year is my golden birthday year! I love this concept and I didn't know other people paid attention to those types of things too! Happy GOLDEN Anniversary!
congratulations! hope you had a great day! love you!
Post a Comment