Middle Child is no longer an Elementary Kid. An achievement he's super proud to have behind him. In fact, it'd be just fine with him if school ended entirely when you completed elementary school....but alas, there's more educating to do yet, so he'll be forced to attend high school next year.
He had a WONDERFUL teacher this year....who also happened to be 9 months pregnant at their class night ceremony. Bless her heart, but she looks great!
A few of his best friends:
Family who came to see the big guy on campus:
His class recently toured the high school and on another day had the high school guidance counselor along with some students visit their classroom to help prepare them for the change. Once the floor was opened up for questions, not being shy to speak up, Middle Child proceeded to pull out his list of impoortant inquiries.
- Is it hard to open your lockers?
- Is lunch better at the high school?
- How long are the classes?
- Do you get bathroom breaks?
- Do 7th graders really get shoved in trash cans?
Clearly, he's as prepared as he's ever going to be.
(There is no picture of Middle Child with his mother.....because my eyes were red from the crying.)
No, really, it was the sweetest moment....and showcased the epitome of the tender heart Middle Child has. During their class night, they sang songs, Miley Cyrus' The Climb, they had a video presentation and they all came down from the risers one at a time to retrieve a single stem rose and bring to their mother in the audience. I had my long lens on so Temple couldn't use my camera real quick to get our picture, but friends of ours sitting behind us were ready to capture the moment.
It was neat watching all the kids walk all over the gym floor to find their parents.....a sweet gesture by everyone, and I was fine...completely fine, okay maybe I already had a tear in my eye, but I wasn't crying....until Middle Child was about 2 feet away from me, stretched out his one hand to hug me and with the other he offered the rose and said, "thank you for being the greatest mother ever".....and then he proceeded to cry. I hugged him tight. And it didn't matter one bit that I didn't get my picture made with him, it was forever etched in my mind and more deeply engraved in my heart.
2 comments:
What a sweet, sweet moment to share with middle child! I know you will cherish it for always.
Your kids are growing up and, because of this blog, it looks like I will cry through every moment with you!
Post a Comment